ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be incredibly stupid to Nuzlocke run this on my first time through? :P
Well, it'd be fun, but you might well get nowhere, haha.
Thanks for another wonderful hack! I am just getting started (I have 1 badge). I am loving it so far - no problems yet.

I have one question - Is there a way to get the Johto+National pokedex early?
I tried PokeSav HGSS ver 0.03a (CloneCharizard) and it has all of the pokedex options greyed out.

:grog: :teach:
You get the National Dex automatically when you get the PokéDex, which is about 10 minutes in... you don't really need it any earlier than that, do you? o-o

when buying the moomoo milk i get some weird text when I have to choose whether purchasing one bottle or a dozen

and another idea: you could make the 2 trainers in olivine's gym want to battle
...I kind of broke that area somehow, so that wouldn't surprise me. I'll have to take a look into that sometime, sigh...
Just a quick question,how people find those Sceptiles etc?
The jugglers in the Pokemon Centers will give you the starters. Check event guide for further details.

http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.
Yeah, Riley shouldn't already be there. In fact, that seems like a flag problem; and yet you must have got Surf or you wouldn't be there. I wonder if you said you HAD got the call from the Lighthouse with the flag fixer (if you needed it), that might have affected something... Otherwise, I can't say I know how that's happening, given I'm pretty sure it sets all the flags in forced areas.

So is there anything that I can do to fix this? Also what phone call from the Lighthouse are you referring to? I got a phone call from Baoba if that is what you are talking about.
I mean the Baoba call once you exit the Lighthouse, yes. To be honest I'm not sure off the top of my head, I can probably change the flag of the Olivine flag fixer in the next update (though I'm still unclear; did you have any problems getting Surf e.g. a Kimono girl standing in front of the dance theater?)
It's not the Baoba call, unless there were some coding changes I wasn't aware of.

Just downloaded this hack, I'll test it tonight. Looks good for now. As for the Mahogany blockade, it should be possible to block off the Rocket HQ instead of the entire town, so that players can catch the Gyarados at Lake of Rage while the gym remains inaccessible.

Finally, my own hack is still coming along very slowly.

EDIT: The special event guide refers to the Complete version as the Full version. Also, you should explicitly state whether the Violet City juggler replaces Primo or not, since I haven't tested that. If Primo is replaced, you need someone else to give out the wallpapers and the Wooper/Mareep/Slugma eggs.

EDIT 2: The instructions for how to patch give a website where HG/SS roms can be found. I thought you were experienced enough to know not to give out links to roms...
I could do that, but then Route 43 will also have lower levels. I'd honestly rather just leave the whole section afterwards; the Red Gyara's level has been sufficiently raised for what your team should be around that point, anyway.

I'll be honest--you were doing a hack? I can't remember. o-o

Ah, guess that's a typo. Thank you for that. And, um, I could, but you're the first person to even question the replacement as far as I'm aware. I didn't think there's any reason why people would think I did replace Primo...?

Yes, I'm aware. Trust me, if you were in my shoes you would know most people have the inability to read and/or consult a search engine, so it's not a major issue. And as kid said, it's off-site. It's not even a direct link, so... anyone with a lick of sense can find it ordinarily. It just saves me getting the whole "OMG HWO I PLAY UR HACKKS???" PMs.

Hi all!

First, I want to thanx for all of your hacks, Drayano! The FireRedOmega was one of the best game, I ever played. (including Dragon Age Origins, Baldur's Gate, Gothic and similars... so rly CG and thank you again!

KingPapaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.
Yeah, Riley shouldn't already be there. In fact, that seems like a flag problem; and yet you must have got Surf or you wouldn't be there. I wonder if you said you HAD got the call from the Lighthouse with the flag fixer (if you needed it), that might have affected something... Otherwise, I can't say I know how that's happening, given I'm pretty sure it sets all the flags in forced areas.

So is there anything that I can do to fix this? Also what phone call from the Lighthouse are you referring to? I got a phone call from Baoba if that is what you are talking about.
I mean the Baoba call once you exit the Lighthouse, yes. To be honest I'm not sure off the top of my head, I can probably change the flag of the Olivine flag fixer in the next update (though I'm still unclear; did you have any problems getting Surf e.g. a Kimono girl standing in front of the dance theater?)
At first the Kimono girl was standing in front of the dance theater, saying something about Jirachi, but once I went to the Olivine Pokemon Center and responded "yes" twice to a lady, she disappeared as well as the Kimono girl. After that, I was able to battle the Team Rocket member inside the theater and receive Surf from the man.

hunterhornwen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble with the pickup ability not working? Or am I just being too impatient? I would think that after like 25 battles my zigzagoon would have found something. :/

Though the real problem I'm finding is that when I take an item from an opponent using pluck or moves like that, the item just disappears.

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is anyone else having trouble with the pickup ability not working? Or am I just being too impatient? I would think that after like 25 battles my zigzagoon would have found something. :/
Guess it's just bad luck. There's only a 10% chance of finding an item, which is quite low actually. You'd say that Zigzagoon would be holding an item after about 10 battles, but that's only the average. So, keep looking for an item and I'm sure you'll eventually find one. Chances are very, very low that this is caused by a glitch since abilities aren't affected by the changes made in this hack.

Oh, and it must be a pain to answer all these questions, Dray, so I decided to help you with this one.
Too bad that there are quite some glitches appearing but it was predictable since the hacking system isn't very stable. I guess most of them, if not all, can be solved easily, though, which is the bright side of it.
Anyway, I'm planning some kind of HG/SS hack in the near future (when B/W Deluxe are finished). Dray, when you have time - say, in about two weeks or so - do you have any tips for me? Like, after all this scripting experience, are there things I should take into account when I start?

Anyway, don't reply if you want to, I can ask this question again sometime, because you must be busy right now.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the great ball was hidden, but it's not there anymore :'(

And after looking at that list of trades, I have to ask: What's up with the Saffron City Train Station one? Pikachu for a Pikachu? Does it have a master ball or something? :P

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
edit: Oh and Cheryl is in the top right house of Goldenrod next to the flower shop

Ah. Yeah that one's broke too. here's the ones I tried:

Gligar Rhyhorn, works
Smoochum Mime. Jr, works
Chansey Munchlax, broken
Espeon Clefable, broken
Porygon2 Quagsire, broken
Steelix Anything, works
Rhyperior Bonsly, works

The others I don't have pokemon for.

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the great ball was hidden, but it's not there anymore :'(

And after looking at that list of trades, I have to ask: What's up with the Saffron City Train Station one? Pikachu for a Pikachu? Does it have a master ball or something? :P
No, the received Pikachu will be French (at least, that's how it is in the original HG/SS versions). So the Pikachu Pikachu trade is in the original HG/SS, too.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Guess it's just bad luck. There's only a 10% chance of finding an item, which is quite low actually. You'd say that Zigzagoon would be holding an item after about 10 battles, but that's only the average. So, keep looking for an item and I'm sure you'll eventually find one. Chances are very, very low that this is caused by a glitch since abilities aren't affected by the changes made in this hack.

Oh, and it must be a pain to answer all these questions, Dray, so I decided to help you with this one.
Too bad that there are quite some glitches appearing but it was predictable since the hacking system isn't very stable. I guess most of them, if not all, can be solved easily, though, which is the bright side of it.
Anyway, I'm planning some kind of HG/SS hack in the near future (when B/W Deluxe are finished). Dray, when you have time - say, in about two weeks or so - do you have any tips for me? Like, after all this scripting experience, are there things I should take into account when I start?

Anyway, don't reply if you want to, I can ask this question again sometime, because you must be busy right now.
lol bro i suggest you make b2w2 japanese remakes or people will be making translation of the game and you use those translations to make a hack

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a PDF file Iceypunchy, you need to use a PDF reader to show it properly. If you use Firefox, Mozilla made a plugin for it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pdfjs/

Or just get the Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Shiwin

Trophies
XP
Country
^^(Kelebek) Did you know that your username means butterfly in Turkish? /random information

I usually can't stand playing hacked games but this one is incredibly fun. It's much better than the original HG/SS. Thank you a lot for making this :)

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just fought with Marley against two Team Rocket Grunts outside the Safari Zone. My mother was calling on the Pokégear but I ignored it and went to pick up the Lagging Tail just by. Then, I was going to check my party and pressed "Pokémon" on the menu, but then the screen went black. The music kept playing but otherwise the game froze and I had to hard-reset.

I am using v1.0.4 on a Supercard DSTWO with the newest OS and firmware, and this is the first bug I have encountered in the game (did not have a problem with a Kimono Girl block the dance studio, for example).

EDIT: Pressed "Pokémon" without going into the fight with Marley this time and the black screen occured again. -.-

EDIT2: Talked to my mother on the Pokégear after Marley this time, and the black screen did not happen when opening the party menu. Strange :/

Reactions: 1 person

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fought with Marley against two Team Rocket Grunts outside the Safari Zone. My mother was calling on the Pokégear but I ignored it and went to pick up the Lagging Tail just by. Then, I was going to check my party and pressed "Pokémon" on the menu, but then the screen went black. The music kept playing but otherwise the game froze and I had to hard-reset.

I am using v1.0.4 on a Supercard DSTWO with the newest OS and firmware, and this is the first bug I have encountered in the game (did not have a problem with a Kimono Girl block the dance studio, for example).

EDIT: Pressed "Pokémon" without going into the fight with Marley this time and the black screen occured again. -.-

EDIT2: Talked to my mother on the Pokégear after Marley this time, and the black screen did not happen when opening the party menu. Strange :/
It's a bug. Don't go into the Pokemon Menu or the menu at all until you leave the screen. Go into the cave or whatever

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone, I went into the Pokemon fan club as soon as I got to Kanto, and found a glitched Steven outside. He can't be talked to and is just stuck there. I think the Lock Capsure event is now ruined, so I reset. I would suggest not going into the Pokemon fan club until you triggered the Magnet Train ticket Pokedoll quest

hunterhornwen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had a problem with using snatch/pluck/thief or moves like that, and the item disappearing instead of being held by your pokemon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AncientBoi might be interested lol +1