[Pokemon S/M] Updating to version 1.2 safe?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by XBzombieMan1337, Jul 5, 2017.

1. XBzombieMan1337
    OP

XBzombieMan1337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    So I have noticed recently that an update for Pokémon Moon 1.2 is available. I just would like to know if it is safe to update, because last time I updated something on my 3ds, it cause many problems when hacking games and system applications and such...

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It should be safe to update.

XBzombieMan1337 likes this.
  3. AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    Hi. So I updated to 11.4 a while ago with everything, Luma, A9LH, CFW, probably 4 months ago. I had the no lines patch for Pokemon Sun and Moon at 1.1 for the game and I wanted to play it right now and try it out again. It received an update, 1.2, so I updated and relaunched the game, it said that an error occurred and to restart my 3DS so I did and retried it but it did the same thing. How do I fix this? Should I remove the no lines patch, if so, how would I do that? I just need a solution.

4. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    You should really not hijack someones thread. But any who, you tried to update a game with an unofficial mod installed and damaged the game files. I suggest you backup your game save with JKSM, delete the game and updates, re download/install sun/moon with the latest update and if a no lines patch exists that supports 1.2 then install it if you so choose.

5. AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    Sorry, I was just looking for resource. How would I obtain JKSM?

6. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Last edited by SirECK, Jul 6, 2017
  7. XBzombieMan1337
    OP

XBzombieMan1337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    It's ok, I don't mind people helping other each other out on similar problems. ;)

8. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    I had to remove my no lines patch to get it to work otherwise it would crash, not sure if there's an updated version and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Otherwise I managed to update with no problems

9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You have to use the updated version of the no lines patch if you have the update installed.