Pokemon S/M Catch Time Stamps

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by smurfsmasher89, Nov 16, 2016.

1. smurfsmasher89
    OP

smurfsmasher89 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Just wondering. If we all got the game via you know..... wouldnt that make our pokemon illegal? the timestamps date prior to the game's release so would we have to change them b4 taking them online with the real game?

2. Exavold

Exavold lol

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    lol
    They could roll out a patch for this , but we could just edit our save sooo ...

smurfsmasher89 likes this.
  3. smurfsmasher89
    OP

smurfsmasher89 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    yeah i figured. when i realized it i had a brain fart. but then for the ppl who actually got the game early by legit means, they would have to do something about them as well

4. Exavold

Exavold lol

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    lol
    There isn't a lot of people that got the game early """legit""" , but thoses people are pretty much fucked if they don't have CFW or access to HBL.

5. Ivan Garcia

Ivan Garcia GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    Try to set your console to year 2000.... Then capture a pokemon and open on PKHex. Tada' You have a pokemon catched before ninty decided to make the game...
    So no, this won't make your pokemons illegal.

Alex1234 and Exavold like this.
  6. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    This is the exact reason I'm waiting for release day. I don't want to play it without online features mainly.

Exavold likes this.
  7. Exavold

Exavold lol

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    lol

8. smurfsmasher89
    OP

smurfsmasher89 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Well thats what i mean, they cant just block / ban theyre game if GF/nintendo are the ones that gave it out in the first place.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I mean your gonna have to play without the features sometime even when u have the new game. but i understand even still

9. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Not with Hotspot on my phone. I have internet wherever I go and the 3DS uses almost nothing for data. I can't wait for the Switch to waste my data.

10. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I thought about this too but my ORAS game says I started it back in 2001 because I changed the date on my console, so I doubt it.

KytuzuEX likes this.