ROM Hack Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire clock & other patches

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old topic is over two years old and if I posted more patches there, then the topic title would have been misleading. ANYWAYS,

These patches are for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Here is what the patch does:
*Applies gbata's RTC patch
*Adds a clock to every Pokémon Center
*You can reset the clock at any Pokémon Center
*You can view the time at any Pokémon Center
*The font has been changed to the one used in Pokémon Emerald
*The size of textboxes has been altered to the size they are in Pokémon Emerald, to accommodate the new Emerald font (however, Ruby/Sapphire colors are still used)

2psgjeh.png
5ezxjp.png
ddyi61.png

Here are the patches:
Pokémon Ruby Clock & Font Patch
Pokémon Sapphire Clock & Font Patch

Everything was done by me.

Q&A:
Q: Why is the Sapphire patch 14kb, but the Ruby patch is 11kb?

A: This is because I made the Ruby patch first. When it came time to do the Sapphire patch, I didn't want to manually edit the tileset data to add the clock like I did with Ruby, so I just copied the Ruby patch's tileset data and inserted it into free space in the Sapphire rom. Both patches function exactly the same, so it really doesn't matter.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks!

I suggest adding RTC into the topic title. The first keywords I used when searching for a patch were "Pokemon RTC patch."

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member="Chaos Rush"] Thanks for linking this in your old thread. I almost missed this thread. Maybe you should edit your first post to include a link to this thread, state the other one is out dated and then pm a moderator to lock it. Luckly GBA temp told me you relpied so I just jumped to the last page. This might save anyone who stumbles upon it the time of reading to the end of page... what is it 5? just to be sent here.

Anyway SUPER thanks!!!

I hope a lot of people make good use of this patch.

Merci Beaucoup!!!

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member="Chaos Rush"] Thanks for linking this in your old thread. I almost missed this thread. Maybe you should edit your first post to include a link to this thread, state the other one is out dated and then pm a moderator to lock it.
um...the old topic was already locked 3 days ago XD

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post but...

@[member="Chaos Rush"] I'm wondering what the clock fix does when you play on a flashcard?
Does it enable the rom to grab the time from the systemMenu/console when it's loaded or does it kill the roms ability to grab the system's time due to the clock in the pokecentre?

Cuz this patch works great for playing on an ez-flash iv,no internal clock/noRTS/no system clock, but I'm confused about the specifics of how it plays w/ flashcards. I also can't remember if pokemon ruby and saphie could grab the system time before I applied the patch or not. Would a check be to see if they match the system time when I load them w/ NDSGBA on the DSTWO?

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but...

@[member="Chaos Rush"] I'm wondering what the clock fix does when you play on a flashcard?
Does it enable the rom to grab the time from the systemMenu/console when it's loaded or does it kill the roms ability to grab the system's time due to the clock in the pokecentre?

Cuz this patch works great for playing on an ez-flash iv,no internal clock/noRTS/no system clock, but I'm confused about the specifics of how it plays w/ flashcards. I also can't remember if pokemon ruby and saphie could grab the system time before I applied the patch or not. Would a check be to see if they match the system time when I load them w/ NDSGBA on the DSTWO?
No, it does not automatically correct the time. What this patch contains is the gbata patch, which makes the clock run while the game is running. What this patch also contains is a way to reset your clock, so then you can set the correct time when you play. It's a bit tedious, but it's the best solution for flashcarts with no RTC.

Do ruby and sapphire support day and night? I can't get it ti work on my xperia play
None of the GBA Pokemon games have day and night. The only reason why R/S/E has an RTC is because of berry growth and daily events.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the GBA Pokemon games have day and night. The only reason why R/S/E has an RTC is because of berry growth and daily events.
You can add Day and Night and Seasons in though?
prime-dialga said:
I had created another day and night-system now with seasons. It's based on interdpth's RTC and supports R/S/FR/LG/Em in all languages.
http://www.pokecommu...ad.php?t=246089
No, that system sucks. It uses the Windows operating system clock rather than the GBA clock, so it wouldn't work on a flashcart.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Could you put clocks in all the Pokemon Centers in Emerald, too?

I just finished up a clock fix for it. Based it off the GBATA fix for R/S. Took me a day and a half, mainly because I had no knowledge of ARM/Thumb assembly...or really anything GBA programming related at all. Had to track down the pointers to the time played and wall clock(which were at fixed positions in R/S). And had to disassemble, modify, and reassemble the GBATA fix (this was a pain).

EDIT: See post below for download.

Reactions: cearp

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Went ahead and did it myself.

EDIT: There was a bug or something screwing up the music in certain areas. If you downloaded it before, please redownload and apply to a clean ROM.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8i0uzs2bd99u7l8

Includes an IPS for the clock fix, and one for the "clocks"(there was no clock tile, and I don't know how to import one) in the Pokemon Centers.

Apply to a clean US Pokemon Emerald ROM.

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Includes an IPS for the clock fix, and one for the "clocks"(there was no clock tile, and I don't know how to import one) in the Pokemon Centers.
You could try messing around with AdvanceMap, the main map editor for the 3rd Gen Pokemon games. You could easily import my clock tile from my Ruby patch into your Emerald patch. And I can confirm that it will turn out just fine, because the palette data for Pokemon Centers is exactly the same in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China