Pokemon Red/Blue In Color?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Coolperez8, Apr 26, 2013.

Apr 26, 2013

Pokemon Red/Blue In Color? by Coolperez8 at 9:32 PM (7,055 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Coolperez8
    OP

Member Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys! sorry, there wasn't a Gameboy Topic on the site >.< Well, is there any way to play Pokemon Red or Blue in color? and, if possible, is there a Gameboy/Gameboy Color Emulator that supports the 7 different Palletes? or is there a possible way to hack in the rom & make Visual Boy Advance see the colors from the Gameboy Color pallete that you hacked in? Example in this video...

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The color mods allegedly come with glitches. You'd be better off playing the clean versions of the game. If you're looking to play Red/Blue in color, you could alternatively play FireRed/LeafGreen.

3. Coolperez8
    OP

United States
    What if you wanna do the missingno. glitch?

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Then FireRed/LeafGreen isn't the way to go. If you're looking to use emulators, then cheating shouldn't be a problem either way.

5. Coolperez8
    OP

United States
    Wait I got it! DesMuMe+Rom+Lameboy (Not Gameyob cause it's not in color) or Snes Emulator+SuperGameboy Rom+Red/Blue Rom, it should work, but I think an r4 screen recorder would be good enough... If you've seen my other post...

6. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

ROMs that were not made for color like Pokemon can have their color palate altered. I know GameYob, the new Gameboy emulator works with the Gameboy Color Bios file - and that would allow you to do the color combinations. For a list, check the table to the right here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Color#Color_palettes_used_for_original_Game_Boy_games

You can also change the Mono colors in Visual Boy Advance - go to Options, then Gameboy, then Colors and make the color values whatever your heart's content is. You will need to run a regular clean ROM for this and there's no hax involved because you're viewing the game through the 'filter' the emulator is playing the game in. :)

7. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    That's not the same thing though. That just colors the entire screen, it doesn't make Charmander red and Squirtle blue etc.

8. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I understand that... but my underlying point was that colors in VBA is better than nothing. Guess I should have clarified that small detail.

9. Drenn

Member Drenn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The pokemon games do come with limited color when played in super gameboy mode, just to clarify. I'm not talking about custom colors in VBA, or the gameboy color bios. The games are programmed with color. So charmander is red and squirtle is blue.

If you want Gold/Silver/Crystal quality color, you can try this. I built it off of the hack in the video above. But, being a hack, there are a few graphical anomalies.

NahuelDS likes this.
  10. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina