Pokemon Randomizer on Citra

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by brenoppr, Apr 16, 2017.

1. brenoppr
    OP

brenoppr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    Brazil
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Is it possible to dump a game from 3ds on cxi format, decompress it, modify its romfs and then compress it back? The game in this case would be pokemon sun, modifying its files for randomizer so I could play it on Citra.
    I don't have the cartridge of the game, but i have a9lh + luma.

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Yes, you can download the game in one form or another (.3ds/.cia) and use Asia81's Packhack to extract it after it's been decrypted. Then you can edit whatever you want, and rebuild it as a .CXI with the same program to use with Citra.

3. brenoppr
    OP

brenoppr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    Brazil
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Thanks, gonna try that out.

4. cevaceva

cevaceva Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    so i have the decrypted pokemon moon.3ds than i use that tool to extract it but every time i try to edit it (randomizing) with pk3ds when i rebuild it and try it on citra it gives an "unknown error" with a red X error thing and nothing happens.

P.S. i also downloaded umbra moon 1.4 files where you just copy paste some files to the romfs "a" folder (so no need for pk3ds), and if i rebuild my rom this one works on citra... but when i try to edit the clean decrypted rom with pk3ds it wont work any idea why? my question is how come i was able to edit it one time and that one worked but when i try to randomize it it wont work, is it pk3ds the problem? (but how else can i randomize wild pokemon)