Gaming pokemon question(:

missfabb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at what level do you guys usually start capturing pokemon that you would like to add on to your team? like sometimes i cant decide if i should use, for example, this level 6 pontya i just caught, or wait till later in the game where there are level 15 pontyas so i wont have to spend as much time trying to level it up, y'know?

do you guys usually just catch one the first time you see it and start training it up if you know you want that pokemon on your team? or do you wait till you catch one thats higher level later on?

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Starting low has its advantages, as the Pokemon needs to gain Effort Values (EV) by battling. If you're only playing single player, this doesn't matter too much, so feel free to catch them whenever. If you're playing other people, its a good idea to start training as early as possible, as the Pokemon will need to defeat at between 200-510 other Pokemon to max out EVs.

Personally, I use whatever one I catch first, but I'm more of a collector than battler.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to plan what pokemon I want before I start playing than capture them as soon as I can. I won't use any others, other than the ones I want so they can get some good leveling.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I catch whetever I see unless I know I can find better ones later or I'm simpy not catching it for training purposes, like Zubat. But I've actually stuck with pretty much the same team for the entire game so far. Totodile, Pidgey, Mareep, Bellsprout, Geodude and for now Lugia. All evolved into their final forms except Geodude 'cause I got nobody to trade with right now.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything new I see, I catch.

I even caught a level 5 male Heracross just before Azalea.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mewtwo-EX said:
Starting low has its advantages, as the Pokemon needs to gain Effort Values (EV) by battling. If you're only playing single player, this doesn't matter too much, so feel free to catch them whenever. If you're playing other people, its a good idea to start training as early as possible, as the Pokemon will need to defeat at between 200-510 other Pokemon to max out EVs.

Personally, I use whatever one I catch first, but I'm more of a collector than battler.

It makes no difference if you catch one later or now since you can EV train the ones you get later on as well. I would say the biggest disadvantage is that you risk catching a pokemon with attacks that you won't like if you were to catch the higher levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya