Pokemon Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by goodles_milan, Apr 6, 2010.

Apr 6, 2010

Pokemon Platinum by goodles_milan at 8:21 AM (950 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. goodles_milan
    OP

Newcomer goodles_milan Newbie

Australia
    Hey guys, been looking all over the internets today trying to find out a solution to this. For anyone who is familiar with the game I entered the torn/distortion world and didn't encounter Cynthia or Cyrus at all on the way down to the bottom of the maze, except at the start and once towards the end where Cynthia says some dialogue that doesn't seem to fit. After looking at some walkthroughs on youtube i have found that there are a couple of things that didn't appear to happen when I got down to the end of the maze, i did push all the boulders for Azleef, Uxie and the other one~ but there is a key dialogue with Cyrus i missed, a few with Cynthia along the way and when i reached the final floor only Cynthia is down there and doesn't have much to say. To get to that bottom floor i understand you have to speak to Cynthia and she will point you in the direction of an elevator, but Cynthia isn't standing there and you can travel onto an invisible spot where the elevator should be to travel to the seventh level.

ANYWAY the game i assume has become quite buggy. I wonder if anybody else has had this problem? Could altering the NDS clock in between playing in the torn world have affected it? Should i look for a patch or something similar...

I am running the game on a m3 ds real card, but run with the m3sakura software. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    are you walking thru walls there? I try not to do that in torn world.

it should work fine.

3. goodles_milan
    OP

Newcomer goodles_milan Newbie

Australia
    walking through walls? well there is a part where in the youtube video cynthia is supposed to be blocking your way and you talk to her after pushing the boulders for them spritely pokemons for her to move aside and make an elevator appear. but after pushing the boulders, she isn't there and there is an invisible platform where the elevator should be which you can ride on, til you get to the bottom. when you go up to the shining light where girugatina appears (from youtube video) you can't fight girutina but the elevator then becomes visible. :l

AHHHHHHHHHHH if I download a different copy of pokemon platinum could I try it again with the same save file or should I just give up completely and ship all my pokemon over to heart gold or soul silver?

Any insight would be really appreciated!

4. DQScott95

Member DQScott95 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes keep your save and rename the new pokemon platinum to the exact name of the save and there you go

5. maxwelldl

Newcomer maxwelldl Newbie

United States
    I had this exact same problem. Cynthia wasn't appearing, the platform was invisible, and there was no Cyrus

I turned off all of the cheats and some of it was fixed. The platform was still invisible, but Cyrus was now visible/battleable on the bottom level.

Hope this helps.

6. LittleBigMods

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you are going to get another ROM, get Platinum version 1.1. The only difference is that some bugs were
    fixed.