Pokemon Platinum Wild Pokemon Modifier Code

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Causton, May 2, 2009.

May 2, 2009
  1. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    Can someone please help me? I know this is a nooby question but on the wild pokemon modifier code I use on my M3 Sakura which I downloaded the latest link from the M3 Sakura faq, I select it on the cheat settings,select always on and start to play. I found instructions that you type in the number from the national pokedex into your calculator to get that specific pokemon. I wanted Charizard so I typed 6 (only 6 no zero's before it) then pressed l just like the instructions say. I didn't get Charizard! Why? Also once I have typed in 6 do I press clear on the calculator and then type my level I want for the pokemon and press r, I have tried it and it doesn't work! Can someone please explain what I have done wrong please? Any help is appreciated!

p.s. - is it because of my firmware? I got it from M3 Sakura faq and downloaded it from there, but do I need to get the one from handheldsources.com. Is this because of the ar b type codes or something? Thanks for any help!

2. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

many... if not all of the pokemon game codes uses the Type B codes
    make sure that you're using Sakura 1.35 3rd or 1.35 or 1.34..but not 1.35 2nd, where the Type B Codes are broken

you might want to d/l the newsest version from handheldsources or any of the versions from
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    as dsrules mentioned, make sure you have the latest firmware for your m3

if you still doesn't know how to use the code, You can also visit the forum listed on below for your answers! just make sure you search on their archive before you ask them

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10

4. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    I downloaded the latest edition from handheld sources but the code still isn't working! Oh and dsrules, that link to linkfoxdomain isn't working for me either. What shall I do now?

5. dsrules

many people had difficulty using that code because they don't know how to properly execute it

like elixirdream said, following the link on how to make use of the code
    they also include a video for reference

6. Aqueel

Newcomer Aqueel Newbie

United States
    This code isn't working for me either. I'm using a G6 Real Flash Cart...

I've followed the video and it just doesn't work.

7. elixirdream

Malaysia
    if you are sure that you executed everything right then i will only say some codes just don't work on certain flash card :")

8. Aqueel

Newcomer Aqueel Newbie

United States
    Hm...I guess it's time to look into this "Pokesav" that I keep hearing about...

9. elixirdream

Malaysia
    is not that hard to locate one~!
    just GOOGLE it

10. dsrules

all I can say is that, the code works perfectly on M3Real, and since G6Real also uses the same firmware as M3Real, it should also work on a G6 Real

open the Calculator on the bottom screen,
    To set Pokemon:
    Enter the National Dex number of the pokemon you want into the calculator and press L.

To set Level:
    Enter the level (1-100), that you want your pokemon to be into the calculator and press R.

To set Nature:
    Enter the Nature Number of the nature you want the pokemon to have and press Select.

Corresponding Nature and Number List:
    0) Hardy
    1) Lonely
    2) Brave
    3) Adamant
    4) Naughty
    5) Bold
    6) Docile
    7) Relaxed
    8) Impish
    9) Lax
    10) Timid
    11) Hasty
    12) Serious
    13) Jolly
    14) Naive
    15) Modest
    16) Mild
    17) Quiet
    18) Bashful
    19) Rash
    20) Calm
    21) Gentle
    22) Sassy
    23) Careful
    24) Quirky

1 quick test of the code would be:
    stand on the grass, enter 1 on the calculator then Push L, R, Select then walk around the grass until you encounter a pokemon, it should be at Level 1

11. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    I just tried that! It's definitely not working. What I don't get is why on Pokemon Diamond the pokemon modifier works where you select the pokemon and the set level of the pokemon but on Platinum the calculator doesn't. Why? Oh and by the way the money codes don't work for me either on Platinum but do on Diamond which I find weird because on Platinum the complete pokedex codes work. What's going on? Oh and by the way on touchpod pokemon platinum won't work but n Sakura it does. I'm using Sakura for the codes.

12. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    I just tried that! It's definitely not working. What I don't get is why on Pokemon Diamond the pokemon modifier works where you select the pokemon and the set level of the pokemon but on Platinum the calculator doesn't. Why? Oh and by the way the money codes don't work for me either on Platinum but do on Diamond which I find weird because on Platinum the complete pokedex codes work. What's going on? Oh and by the way on touchpod pokemon platinum won't work but on Sakura it does. I'm using Sakura for the codes.

13. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    I just tried that! It's definitely not working. What I don't get is why on Pokemon Diamond the pokemon modifier works where you select the pokemon and the set level of the pokemon but on Platinum the calculator doesn't. Why? Oh and by the way the money codes don't work for me either on Platinum but do on Diamond which I find weird because on Platinum the complete pokedex codes work. What's going on? Oh and by the way on touchpod pokemon platinum won't work but on Sakura it does. I'm using Sakura for the codes.

(Sorry for the triple post - laggy pc)

14. dsrules

yeah, all pokemon games gives white screens on Touchpod that comes with Sakura..it only works in the stand alone version of Touchpod
    if you are currently using the cheat.db in Sakura and the Wild Pokemon code doesn't work....try to use the usrcheat.dat cheat file and see it it makes a difference for you
    and you could only use the code on the current area that you're in..once you enter a different area, the code effect wears off and you need to activate it again

15. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Wait can you change the gender of the pokemon you're going to catch with the code?

16. Gaia

Newcomer Gaia Advanced Member

Australia
    im sure it can be done, but the code is long enough, so i will make another for you if you find and post wild pokemon gender modifier for me

(because i am unsure how to do the calculator thing from scratch, i will just make it so that start and select or something will change the gender and L for pokemon, and if you ask nicely, R for level)

17. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    ....and whatever you do don't press select while battling....

18. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    I tried the usrcheat.dat! It didn't work. I repeat - It did NOT work! What shall I do now? try it in standalone touchpod? Oh and when do you think the next sakura update will be? I know the m3 team is probably bus with the m3i but I hope they spare a thought for sakura and don't just drop it for m3i instead!

( I have just read another thread and it seems that m3i comes with sakura yay! That also means they'll still update touchpod with Sakura!)

19. Causton
    OP

Newcomer Causton Member

United Kingdom
    Can someone help me out with this topic a bit more with response to my last post? I'm still stuck!

20. dsrules

Causton, who told you that Touchpod supports usrcheat.dat?????????????????????

althought, Touchpod could somewhat uses urscheat.dat (some games work, some games crash Touchpod), it's not recommend to use usrcheat.dat in Touchpod...only Sakura supports both usrcheat.dat and cheat.db
    but cheat.db is reccomend for Touchpod, both files have the same cheats!!!