Hacking Pokemon Platinum (U)

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded Platinum and I can't get it to boot.. Just goes to that Blue and White screen telling me "The save data could not be accessed

Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS Game Card"

I've gotten that same file to work with No$GBA, just don't know what im doing wrong with the DS-X...

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not Helpfull. Funny.. But Not helpfull
frown.gif

Zyenet

Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it may be the only fix. I'm not sure how often the DS-X team releases firmware updates (if at all, heh
tongue.gif
), but you might need to get a new cart. There's no piracy protection, so that's not the issue.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the team Ditched the project back in July 08... And I wouldn't know where, let alone what to get
happy.gif
I was tricked into buying this POS in the first place.. Although I only got it for 20 bucks... USD

Edit:
I don't know if this helps, I know they're somewhat the same, but I got Diamond and Pearl fully functional working.. Thats the thing that has me purp-lexed.. Cause aren't they all basiaclly the same...?

Zyenet

Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
The ROM is double the size of DP, so no.
tongue.gif
Also, some of the code as been altered (which is why DP saves don't work...data is stored in different locations). This probably won't work, but try making a save with NO$GBA, and converting it to your format with Shuny's Converter: http://www.shunyweb.info and copy the save to your cart.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't hurt to try.. I'll get right on that and update this post in a few!
Edit:
Update! I did it in No$GBA And saved right at the TV monitor... Converted it with Shuny Threw it in - AND... Same stupid problem. =(

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
klideklown said:
Doesn't hurt to try.. I'll get right on that and update this post in a few!
Edit:
Update! I did it in No$GBA And saved right at the TV monitor... Converted it with Shuny Threw it in - AND... Same stupid problem. =(
Open the save file in a hex editor and fill with with 512 kilobytes of 0's.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file is already 512 KB in size without using a hex editor.
Although, I've noticed that the SAV file's size changed to 5.23kb after letting attempting to boot it and restarting it as it does its EEPROM Save .... Don't know what that means.
Nobody has any other ideas? I find that hard to believe.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix'd in two ways.
First way : Bought an R4... Just because I had some extra cash.
Second Way : Apparetnly the ARM7 File was corrupted(Probally frm a bad download) so I found a new one that actually worked..
smile.gif
So its working on both cards Flawlessly.. ( I hope )

Shrander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, default save type is for the 1mb file, need to change it by arm7 patching it.
I think the one from Metroid Prime hunters should work, can't remember, I've had this file too long to remember which game it's from, but it's 162kb. Usually files that are 156kb need to be patched.

Edit: Nevermind, freezes at title screen.

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
klideklown said:
Fix'd in two ways.
First way : Bought an R4... Just because I had some extra cash.
Second Way : Apparetnly the ARM7 File was corrupted(Probally frm a bad download) so I found a new one that actually worked..
smile.gif
So its working on both cards Flawlessly.. ( I hope )

What arm7 did you use to get it to work on the DS-X? The ones I tried all work perfectly until you reboot and try to load your saved game, it simply freezes after you press start on the title screen.

sumguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My nephew came by today asking for this game. He has the 4 Gb dsX, I used the Max Crass method to patch the US version of platinum and he hasn't come back to nag about it again, so I'm assuming he has not had any problems so far (he lives just down the street so coming down to ask his uncle is just a short walk)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.