Pokemon Platinum save problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by KHgamer17, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. KHgamer17
    OP

Newcomer KHgamer17 Newbie

United States
    I'm am completely at a loss as to what is happening here. I have tried 2 different Pokemon Platinum ROMs, both official and AKAIO firmware, I'm certain that the save file is named properly, but everytime I launch Pokemon Platinum, the game starts from the beginning. Even though there is a save file on my card. I've tried again and again and no matter what I do the game continues to start from the beginning every time I launch. Even though other games on my card have no issues saving and holding the save for future use. I really feel like I've tried everything. I would really appreciate any help, thank you.

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    In AKAIO settings, make sure you choose the correct type of save file (eg. *.sav or *.nds.sav). Also the savegame filename has to be EXACTLY the same as the rom name (except the extension of course).

3. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    Im currently running the latest official firmware, which im aware uses the "nds.sav" extention. Also, the file names are, in fact, exactly the same. The game is creating save files, it just wont recognize that they exist when I boot up the game. This is such a wierd situation, I really need help on this. Thank you.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wait how can it be creating save files if you already have one and you claim it has the exact same name?

Tell you what, after AKAIO makes a new save file, plug your MicroSD into a comp. Then take the new save file it created and right-click. Click Rename and it should automatically select everything but the extension. Right-Click & click copy again to copy the name. Delete that save. Go to the save which you think should be working and right-click. Click rename, right-click again, and click paste to paste the name. Hit enter and you should be ok. Load up again and see what happens.

~ Jon

5. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    I just downloaded the Pokemon Platinum ROM again, started a new game, made a new save, checked my files by viewing all files on the card, and again, the ROM has created a save file, named properly and everything, and it STILL refuses to recognize that the save file is there when I start the game. I just don't understand how this is possible.

6. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    I did what you said and still nothing. No matter what I do this game will not load the save file.

7. Hakoda

United States
    hmmmm weird......

Tried updating loaders?

~ Jon

8. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    When you say it creates a new save, does it overwrite your old one? Because what you're saying does not make sense. The game will not create a new save file if there is already one with the same name.

Open up your SD card in windows explorer, take a screenshot of your files (rom and save game) and post it here.

9. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    Well here's why there were more than one. There was the original save file, then I changed the options to set the save slot to slot 1, thinking that maybe the default save slot was not behaving correctly. Finally, another save file was created when I redownloaded the ROM from a different source, which had a different Identification Number associated with Pokemon Platinum. Whatever the case, the acekard will create a save file when I play, but it will never load it when I start the game again.

10. Hakoda

United States
    3 Tips:

1) Do what Zero383 said and take a screenshot of your games folder. Make sure the Pokemon Platinum ROM, Your SAV, & the AKAIO's SAV are all in the screenshot. Post it here.

2) Tap Y when you highlight Pokemon Platinum. Tap Y again. Under Save Slot set it to "Default*".

3) Check the file extensions of saves. Is one SAV and the other sav? If the AKAIO one is sav and yours is SAV then switch it so it matches the AKAIO one and delete the AKAIO one or vice versa with SAV and sav. To view a file extension and you are using XP, go to Tools --> Folder Options --> Click the View Tab --> Uncheck "Hide extensions of known file types" . If in Vista, Click Organize --> Folder & Search Options --> Click View Tab --> Uncheck "Hide Extensions for known file types"

~ Jon

11. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    [​IMG]

This the with AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper, and latest loaders. This save seen here is brand new. I deleted all my old saves, loaded up Pokemon, started a new game, saved at the first possible moment, and this is the save that was made. But again, when I load Pokemon the next time it brings me to the beginning of the game. It never gives me the option of continuing. My other games have been working fine, however. I'm so frustrated, and so confused. What can I do? I just don't understand what is happening.

12. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Strange, I followed the advice of Another world in other posts.
    I use a Acekard 2i HW: 81 (updated the language file) with the AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper but the 5/30 loader and the dldi file from the Acekard 4.17 update instead.
    Working great for me.
    I also am using an A-DATA MicroSDHC 4gb with my card.
    I just got the Acekard 2i today works wonderfully [​IMG].

13. KHgamer17
    OP

United States
    I have literally done everything possible in attempt to play Pokemon. After trying everything suggested in this thread, I started trying other things as well. I got a ROM from yet ANOTHER source, but the same thing happened. I copied the save file onto every save slot, thinking that maybe Pokemon was trying to access a save slot even though I didnt have it selected. I even had my friend give me the exact ROM and save file that he is currently using to play Pokemon Platinum on his Acekard 2i, but yet, when transfered to my SD card, they dont work. The same thing happens. I eventually got so fed up that I downloaded Pokemon Diamond and figured that would be satisfactory. But wouldn't you know it, Diamond does the same thing. No. Matter. What. I. Do. Everytime I start up a pokemon game it starts from the beginning each time. I am going out of my mind over here. Is this honestly just a freak Acekard that will not permit me to play Pokemon? or has anyone else exprienced this very wierd problem?

14. Bagagihad

Newcomer Bagagihad Member

United States
    This is the same exact problem I'm haveing

15. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Either uSD Card corruption/fragmentation or bad Acekard. Have you tried YOUR uSD Card in your FRIEND'S Acekard? That would tell you where the fault is. If your uSD card works in your friend's Acekard, then bad Acekard. If it fails in your friend's Acekard then backup your data, reformat the uSD card, and just copy the _aio directory and your Pokemon Platinum files back to it.

Let us know what comes of your tests.

16. JAWS_XS

Newcomer JAWS_XS Advanced Member

United States
    Has anyone seen this problem. I finished Platinum (had about 35 hours played) then stopped playing for a couple months. When I went back to start playing again, I was down to 15 hours and 4 gym badges. It also happen with my son. Both on DS and DSi.

I don't really mind it just sucks I lost all my pokemon and mystery gifts.

17. kenyab2009

Member kenyab2009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i dont really know why that happens but it happened to me on my m3 real on a lot of my games and i jus waited a couple of days and they loaded

18. jecc09

Newcomer jecc09 Newbie

Australia
    I've been playing pokemon since i was 6 years old and have played most pokemon titles on GB, GBC, GBA, and now DS lite. I haven't had any problems up until now. I've put about 3 hours of game play into Platinum, and haven't used any AR cheats or anything which i believe would cause the sav file to corrupt, (even though its possible for it to corrupt anyway) but i continuously get this message 'the save file is corrupted. the previous save file will be loaded' and after a few times of that message showing up i get 'the save file has been erased due to corruption' [​IMG]

I've tried 2 different roms and still the same problem. I've been backing up my save file, saving twice rather than just once in any hope to keep my file intact. But nothing seems to work. I've downloaded the latest update for my R4 (which shoule have fixed the problem) but still nothing...

Need help [​IMG]

I just wanna play pokemon!! [​IMG]

Open to ideas!