Pokemon Platinum problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Molattee, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Molattee

Molattee Newbie

Jul 10, 2012
    United States
    To begin this thread, this is my first time joining and posting in this forum. I have been lurking around this forum for the whole day (today) and I have visited several stickies (including the FAQs and the massive list of cheats). With that in mind, I feel that I have not seen a problem similar to mine (or not one that I have already seen) If this is posted in the wrong section or is already addressed elsewhere ( that I have not seen yet) then I apologize. :)

I've been experiencing this problem when activated with Pokemon Platinum (US). I would like to tell you the chronological order of things I have done today so you can all grab a better picture of what the problem is.

- I installed Pokemon Platinum (US) on EDGE flashcart (v1.5) and proceded to start the game only to find out that the current cheat DB I had on my flashcard did not have cheats for Platinum.

- I browsed through the forum sticky and found a very useful link that had the latest cheat DB, which I downloaded of course.

- I installed the cheats DB on my flashcart as cheats.dat as opposed to EDGEcheats.dat because with the latter, no cheats appeared.

- I began a new game in Platinum with my selection of cheats selected. Nothing unusual (2x EXP, all ITEMS, catch opponents' pokemon, 100% catch rate, 2x movement rate, fast text, max money (this one failed) )

- I pleasantly found out all of my selection of cheats (with the exception of max money) worked. So I proceeded to start the game around 15 minutes or so before saving and turning offNDS. I have done this in order to restart the DS so I could activate and experience with more cheats.
    This is when the problem starts:
    - So I begin to activate more cheats for Platinum (pokemon learn any TM/HM, can walk through walls, you get the idea)

- I start the game with cheats. *This is where you would normally see first few scenes of the game prior to the main menu*

- So I select my save file and I select it. What happens next? The game loads up to the last saved point right? Wrong. As I select my save file, the game "restarts itself" to the point where you would be after starting the game after selecting your cheats. So in other words, I would have to select my file TWICE before the game loads to the last saved point.

- NONE of the cheats I had selected worked. So I turned off the game (without saving) then selected my first selection of cheats which worked.

- I load the game and the same thing happens. I select continue, game restarts, I select continue again. This time though, the cheats which had worked earlier, did not work. ANY of them did not work.

Summary: When I use cheats, the game automatically "soft resets" itself when I try to load a saved file.

Any suggestions or solutions? If this has been corrected somewhere else, please link me. Many thanks. :)