Pokemon Platinum lag

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Passa, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Passa
    OP

Passa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2008
    Hi guys,

Just checking if this is normal.. in Hearthome City, riding around with the bike near the assortment of large buildings, the game chugs for me. It's happened in a few other places where there's lots on screen as well and I'm not sure if it should be doing that..

I don't remember it doing that with Pearl (and a different SD card). Would a slow card manifest itself in such a way?

2. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    No that's not normal. I've been playing Platinum for almost 24 hours and it hasn't lagged once. Sometimes when weird things like that happen, your card just needs a fresh format. Backup all your data, then format with this tool: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1530. It'll format it better than a normal Windows format will, so that might help you even more. After that, Platinum should work fine.

3. Slyde1052

Slyde1052 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
    Turning off your batterysaver option may help too.

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Platinum appears to be a little bit more demanding in graphics, but I don't know how much difference is normal. If any that's noticeable.

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Happens to me too. Does it freeze on you when you try to use the GTS?

6. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    The GTS works fine for me: personally I think it's a fast card speed that prevents the initial freeze for the GTS (black screen after going through the door), but my problem is the actual connection. I keep timing out and getting communication errors.

7. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    If you experience any freezes trying to access the GTS, there's an easy fix.

Before you enter the door, enable your slow-mo and set it to 50%.
    Before you connect online, set it back to 100%

And you'll have no problems.

8. SoLuckys

SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    Cyprus
    Paralimni
    i think its normal cos my retail copy of pokemon pearl was lagging at some places too, on platinum thou i am not experiencing lags [​IMG]