Pokemon Platinum Cheats Issue

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by sammyc7, May 1, 2009.

May 1, 2009

Pokemon Platinum Cheats Issue by sammyc7 at 1:25 PM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. sammyc7
    OP

Newcomer sammyc7 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Right, so I loaded the XML latest cheat database on to my memory card. Cheats for all other games are working flawlessly (Animal Crossing, GTA etc)

However, when I go to build a cheat file for pokemon platinum, it fills the bar all the way (complete) however, it freezes at the end. So the bar is fully green, but it just hangs on this screen?

Any help much appreciated [​IMG]

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Off topic, but how're you getting them to work for AC:WW? Mine just loads and stays on two white screens.

Thanks!

As for Platinum, I don't know. I've pre-ordered it, so when it comes out in the UK I'll buy it, back it up, and test it. Might be a while, though! [​IMG]

3. sammyc7
    OP

Newcomer sammyc7 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Not sure to be honest...just loaded the XML cheat file on to my memory card. Went to properties or options cant remember, chose Enabled for Action Replay, then went to the cheats part on the start menu. Said it was rebuilding cheat database. It finished doing its thing, and allowed me to select the codes.

Tried to do this for Pokemon and no luck, it does all the steps but freezes right at the end of rebuilding cheats database. [​IMG]

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    My cheats work fine on Platinum but the only difference between you guys and me is that im using the cheats.dat from the GBATemp Database. If hit X to rebuild it, i end up coming back with more cheats available to use and it does not freeze at all so good luck.

~ Jon

5. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I'm using the USRCHEAT.DAT file from GBATemp's Cheat Database also, AC:WW still freezes.

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Assuming you meant the (E) version ShatteredScreens, this is what happened to me so I'll give you my results.

With AKAIO Loader:

Regular Boot (Cheats Enabled) --> Two White Screens, no boot. Light BLUE --> RED Loading Text.
    Regular Boot (Cheats Disabled) --> Game boots, playable. Light BLUE --> RED Loading Text.

With Official AK2 Loader:

Regular Boot (Cheat Enabled) --> Game boots, Light BLUE --> Dark BLUE Loading Text

So with that info, I'm guessing you have to use the AK2 loader until AKAIO releases a new update.

~ Jon