Gaming Pokemon Platinum bug

badgerkins

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i seem to be having a problem with one thing in the game; the exploration kit. on some occasions, whenever i use it, it goes through the wireless communication stuff and after saving my game, i jump through the hole, the screen turns black and it just freezes. was this bug been noted before? i'm using acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.4 firmware.

badgerkins

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so it's not a card issue then.

there is like a 70% chance of it freezing with me and it's really annoying. i want me some element stones...
dry.gif

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
badgerkins said:
so it's not a card issue then.

there is like a 70% chance of it freezing with me and it's really annoying. i want me some element stones...
dry.gif
Not to state the obvious, but if you really need them, wouldn't using a cheat for them be easier? Considering the time it takes to find the darned things, it's a lot less stress inducing than finally finding them, only for it to cave in on you...

I once spent about 2 hours looking for a water stone. I finally found one, and it caved in before I could dig it up. I gave in and just got my friend to trade me one.
dry.gif

Anyway, I haven't really got far yet on platinum, but I'll check it later, see if the DSTT has the problem. Given the fact it's the DSTT, I'd say it probably does.
tongue.gif

badgerkins

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@bidoofguy: sorry, but i prefer not to use cheats and get everything legitimately in the game. also, i kind of like digging up treasure. passes alot of time :] but please do tell me if you do encounter this freeze glitch on your dstt.

@elixer: stupid question. how do you use the code?
and what does it do?
unsure.gif

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing on my R4 with YSMenu, and I've gone underground about 10 times in a row and have yet to have any problem with freezing. Are you sure it isn't a flashcard problem? I mean, it is possible that both of the cards have the same problem.

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
badgerkins said:
@bidoofguy: sorry, but i prefer not to use cheats and get everything legitimately in the game. also, i kind of like digging up treasure. passes alot of time :] but please do tell me if you do encounter this freeze glitch on your dstt.

@elixer: stupid question. how do you use the code?
and what does it do?
unsure.gif
Ah, right. Fair enough. I'm just really impatient, I suppose. That, and I have horrible luck digging. I'll usually find something rare just as the wall is about to collapse, so I can't get it. I'd understand if it was once or twice, but it happened every damned time. Thank god for the walls don't crumble cheat. XD

Anyway, if the R4 works, I'd assume the DSTT probably works, too. Or at least DSTT with YSMenu.
wink2.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mind trying something else? Go to the Global Trade Station in Jubilife City and try to do a trade (you need to connect to WiFi). On the CycloDS it just freezes but if it doesn't on the Acekard, then these Pokemon Platinum bugs are probably all flash card specific.

Swifty69

Trophies
XP
Country
RanmaFreak said:
I've been playing on my R4 with YSMenu, and I've gone underground about 10 times in a row and have yet to have any problem with freezing. Are you sure it isn't a flashcard problem? I mean, it is possible that both of the cards have the same problem.
exactly the same as me. Underground works perfectly with the R4 + YSMENU combo.

catbirdy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terribly sorry to revive a months-old thread, but I'm having almost the exact same problem as the OP, i.e. game freeze after entering the Underground in Platinum. However, my freeze doesn't occur until anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes after I've been underground--sometimes I can manage to dig into the walls before the freeze happens, but eventually I'll hit the freeze. Also, I've discovered that I get this exact same error with Diamond and Pearl.

I'm running the roms on a DSTT with DSTT firmware v1.17. Someone mentioned a possible issue with the SD card format--mine is a Kingston 2G currently on a FAT format system. The only other option I can change to is FAT32.

For the people who've never had any freezing problems in the Underground for D/P/Pt roms, could you please tell me which flashcarts + firmware (including version) + SD cards (including file system format type) you're using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: