Pokemon Platinum bug

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by badgerkins, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009

Pokemon Platinum bug by badgerkins at 6:30 PM (3,256 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. badgerkins
    OP

Member badgerkins GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i seem to be having a problem with one thing in the game; the exploration kit. on some occasions, whenever i use it, it goes through the wireless communication stuff and after saving my game, i jump through the hole, the screen turns black and it just freezes. was this bug been noted before? i'm using acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.4 firmware.

2. cdcdcd

Newcomer cdcdcd Member

Netherlands
    I've got the same thing, im using an m3 perfect Cf.

3. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    so it's not a card issue then.

there is like a 70% chance of it freezing with me and it's really annoying. i want me some element stones... [​IMG]

4. Bidoofguy

Newcomer Bidoofguy Custom Title:

United Kingdom
    Not to state the obvious, but if you really need them, wouldn't using a cheat for them be easier? Considering the time it takes to find the darned things, it's a lot less stress inducing than finally finding them, only for it to cave in on you...

I once spent about 2 hours looking for a water stone. I finally found one, and it caved in before I could dig it up. I gave in and just got my friend to trade me one. [​IMG]

Anyway, I haven't really got far yet on platinum, but I'll check it later, see if the DSTT has the problem. Given the fact it's the DSTT, I'd say it probably does. [​IMG]

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    care to try this code on your problem?

1202490C 000046C0

6. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    @bidoofguy: sorry, but i prefer not to use cheats and get everything legitimately in the game. also, i kind of like digging up treasure. passes alot of time :] but please do tell me if you do encounter this freeze glitch on your dstt.

@elixer: stupid question. how do you use the code?
    and what does it do? [​IMG]

7. steven gambee

Newcomer steven gambee Advanced Member

Canada
    the dstt has no problems. ive gone underground alot and have managed to get a sheildon fossil....no freezing as of yet

8. RanmaFreak

Newcomer RanmaFreak Advanced Member

Canada
    I've been playing on my R4 with YSMenu, and I've gone underground about 10 times in a row and have yet to have any problem with freezing. Are you sure it isn't a flashcard problem? I mean, it is possible that both of the cards have the same problem.

9. Bidoofguy

Newcomer Bidoofguy Custom Title:

United Kingdom
    Ah, right. Fair enough. I'm just really impatient, I suppose. That, and I have horrible luck digging. I'll usually find something rare just as the wall is about to collapse, so I can't get it. I'd understand if it was once or twice, but it happened every damned time. Thank god for the walls don't crumble cheat. XD

Anyway, if the R4 works, I'd assume the DSTT probably works, too. Or at least DSTT with YSMenu. [​IMG]

10. sland

Member sland GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works on the Cyclo without problems.

11. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    okay, that's really strange. i'll just have to put up with it then [​IMG]

12. aimansss95

Member aimansss95 GBAtemp Regular

United States

yeay DSTT!!!

i'm also using one and still no freezing

13. HavQ

Newcomer HavQ Member

Finland
    I can confirm it works like a dream on Cyclo.

14. eddzy

Newcomer eddzy Advanced Member

Australia
    it freezes with m3 real [​IMG]

15. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    It could be a SD card problem. Check what file system it is, and try formatting it to the opposite. Remember to back up everything before formatting [​IMG] .

16. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Works fine on my iTouch, using both Sakura 1.12+, and the latest iTouch FW.

17. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You mind trying something else? Go to the Global Trade Station in Jubilife City and try to do a trade (you need to connect to WiFi). On the CycloDS it just freezes but if it doesn't on the Acekard, then these Pokemon Platinum bugs are probably all flash card specific.

18. Gaia

Newcomer Gaia Advanced Member

Australia
    hasnt frozen at all my acekard, except 1 communication error with underground and after mystery gift with the wii

19. Swifty69

Member Swifty69 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    exactly the same as me. Underground works perfectly with the R4 + YSMENU combo.

20. catbirdy

Newcomer catbirdy Newbie

United States
    Terribly sorry to revive a months-old thread, but I'm having almost the exact same problem as the OP, i.e. game freeze after entering the Underground in Platinum. However, my freeze doesn't occur until anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes after I've been underground--sometimes I can manage to dig into the walls before the freeze happens, but eventually I'll hit the freeze. Also, I've discovered that I get this exact same error with Diamond and Pearl.

I'm running the roms on a DSTT with DSTT firmware v1.17. Someone mentioned a possible issue with the SD card format--mine is a Kingston 2G currently on a FAT format system. The only other option I can change to is FAT32.

For the people who've never had any freezing problems in the Underground for D/P/Pt roms, could you please tell me which flashcarts + firmware (including version) + SD cards (including file system format type) you're using?