Pokemon physical copy with Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Crimsonflare, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Crimsonflare
    OP

Crimsonflare Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Brazil
    Juiz de Fora
    I´m wondering: if I buy a physical copy of Pokemon X/Y, will it work with classical EmuNand from gateway? It is much cheaper than eshop version... Has anyone tested this? Thank you

2. Euwlo

Euwlo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes, it works... I even connected to internet and mystery gift works! Dunno about Online battle...

Sim funciona. Conecta online, mystery gift funciona, mas não testei batalhas online ainda...

3. Crimsonflare
    OP

Crimsonflare Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Brazil
    Juiz de Fora

Good to know! Thanks =D

4. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    Also just got a copy of Pokemon X yesterday and czn confirm it works.....because of the system Nands save signing keys the save game will not be compatible with an OFW 3DS but will work fine otherwise.

5. FireShark

FireShark Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2013
    Malaysia
    I would like to know, does a US Pokemon X/Y cart works on a JPN 3DS with Gateway?

6. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    unfortunately not. not at the moment, at least. they might make it possible in the future...

7. hypertek

hypertek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    United States
    i dont have pokemon, but i got zelda a link between worlds.. played a bit on my 3ds, but now got an older 4.4 firmware system and planing to get a gateway. Would that save still work?

8. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    no because your Zelda save was on Official FW 6.2.0 so used the 6.X KeyY
    but Gateway Mode and there RedNAND can only use the 4.X KeyY so the saves arnt compatible
    and will just say there corrupted and delete them

9. hypertek

hypertek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    United States
    ok thats not too bad, as long as the physical cartridge doesn't become useless lol, i can live with starting over