Pokemon Pearl Not Loading Save File

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by geokilla, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008
  1. geokilla
    OP

Member geokilla GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So I was playing Pokemon Pearl a week ago, and I activated the Master Ball's cheat code. I then saved the game, and happily went to NYC for my school trip. I take out my DS, start up Pokemon, then BAM, I can't load my saved game, and instead it starts a new game where the Professor gives an introduction about Pokemon. I got back home today and I checked my memory card, and my Save file is still there. I tried copying and pasting the save file from my memory card to the computer, then to the memory card. However, when I load the game, it still doesn't give me the option to continue, and it automatically starts a new game. What's wrong with my game/Supercard? All the other games work fine, it's just Pokemon that doesn't work.

2. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Sounds like a classical case of improper cheatcodes corrupting a save.

3. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can't have two games in a folder starting with the same name on all Supercards, it's a silly error but catches many out.

So move or delete any other games in the same folder who's name starts 'poke....' and be very careful with the saves where their are names poke...~.sav, as one should have your original save game in it, try them one by one to see what the good one is.

4. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    I applied the cheat code, made sure it worked, THEN I saved my game. Then I turned off the cheat, and the game still worked and I still had that 99 Master Balls. Then on the trip I wanted to play it was when I found out that the game wouldn't load my save file.

This is my save file, "1286-P~1.SAV". There's only one save file with this name.

5. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    So there's no way for me to restore the save file....right?