Hacking Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Saving

AileStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys i got it to save o my EZflash IV lite compact, it just won't let me erase my game from ithin pokemon.

Heres what i did, after uploading it with all the latest stuff i went to the saver folder, deleated the save file that the uploader created and copied a save of anotehr game i had on the cart which size was 256 kb, (just for reference i used a dragon quest warrior rocket slime save) i renamed the copy the same as my pokemon save. booted up pearl expecting it to just not work but it booted up so i restarted it just to see if it saved. it actually saved i realized it took twice as long as usual but than again it is 512k so it's expected, no errors or nothing.

wierdest thing is when i put the cart back into my computer i looked at the pearl save and it was conveted to 512k from 256k

But none the less it successfully saved and loaded up, i made a character and saved to test it and next time i loaded it up the character i made was there.

Only problem and this might be a biggie is that i can't erase the game from within the game using up+b+select, it goes white screen and than it tells me first in or not eough power and my old save is still there, but i suppose that can be fixed by just deleating the .sav file.

Note i only tried this once and it was just messing around, i was surprised it actually worked, if anyone else can get this method to work let me know.

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the great replies, but I guess that I'll just wait until the game is released here >.<

Btw, I'm in Canberra
smile.gif

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW, I THINK I JUST GOT IT TO WORK!

I tried Aile's method and it worked and I can save, but the save file is only 256kb, will this be a problem in the future or not?

smarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using EZ4LC too, and it doesn't actually save to the .sav file. You can test this by removing the sav file and replacing it with anything...

It's saving to the cart memory, I think, and there's a potential to lose everything you "saved" with another first in error.

AileStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using EZ4LC too, and it doesn't actually save to the .sav file. You can test this by removing the sav file and replacing it with anything...

It's saving to the cart memory, I think, and there's a potential to lose everything you "saved" with another first in error.

I've managed to create a series of first in errors with this method, ironically when you try to delete your save file from within Pokemon it will give you a first in error when you restart your ds and your save file will still be there. i did this like 20 times while trying to erase my game, finally got fed up and connected it to my computer.

also tried playing a different game after playing Pokemon, i booted up phoenix wright and played a bit than saved, afterwards booted up Pokemon and realized that stockily the save file for the game...was...still there.

time well tell if this is not a solid solution, i sure hope it lasts for me at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols