ROM Hack Pokemon OR/AS Rom Hacking Tools?

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I was wondering if there are any modding tools, or perhaps a randomizer for X/Y/OR/AS?

I saw that hacks are floating around, including all in one, 721 difficulty hacks and was just curious if there's any tools other than hex editors that can do this?

Thanks in advance!

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of PKHex, but I thought that only modified the save file and not rom itself. Thanks though! :D

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pk3DS
71.gif

Reactions: jastolze

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have the OR 3ds file, but when I try to open the file in PK3DS, it doesn't do anything. Does it need to be a certain file extension, or am I just doing something wrong?

It says "open 'a' and I'm not sure what that means, maybe someone could explain it to me? Thanks!

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you need to extract the file system as in there there's a bunch of files just named stuff like "a", basically single characters.

That's a whole other ball game though. Look through the forums for the guides on getting your xorpads and extracting the filesystem. You'll then need to repackage the files, easiest way is to make them into a .cia.

A fair bit of reading to do if you're completely new but it's not that complex in practice.

thaosnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to project pokemon.com they have a wild editor trainer editor and other..I was able to create a hard mod for myself to play with about 1/3 trainer using mega

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is pk3DS? On google he say is a flashcard LOL

Yeah it said that for me, too. It's a tool used to modify pretty much anything in 6th gen games.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on extracting the files inside the rom so I can edit, as cherryduck mentioned?

Edit: I tried some Garc editors, but they only work for X/Y as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking to edit OR/AS. What Garc editor should I be using?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it said that for me, too. It's a tool used to modify pretty much anything in 6th gen games.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on extracting the files inside the rom so I can edit, as cherryduck mentioned?

Edit: I tried some Garc editors, but they only work for X/Y as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking to edit OR/AS. What Garc editor should I be using?

There are many tutorials online on how to extract the game files from the ROM. Once you unpack romfs.bin you just drop the 'a' folder into pk3DS. It works for ORAS and XY...

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm really new at this, so please be patient with me on this, but when I try to extract the Garc files from Pokemon OR, it gives me an error saying it hasn't been decompressed (not decrypted) It's in 3ds format and I really would like to edit the Wild Pokemon. How would I go about decompressing the game? I'm using GarcTool 1.3a just fyi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou