Pokemon OR/AS Rom Hacking Tools?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by jastolze, Jan 13, 2015.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Hey I was wondering if there are any modding tools, or perhaps a randomizer for X/Y/OR/AS?

I saw that hacks are floating around, including all in one, 721 difficulty hacks and was just curious if there's any tools other than hex editors that can do this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    çİş
    With a little bit of searching, you could have just found it yourself -_-

Its called PKHex. Google it.

3. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I have heard of PKHex, but I thought that only modified the save file and not rom itself. Thanks though! :D

4. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    pk3DS is still in development, but has tools for pretty much everything that is currently editable (except model stuff)

jastolze likes this.
  5. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Don't be a jerk.

He was simply asking. I was wondering the same thing. And no, PkHeX is simply a save-editing tool.

TooHM02 and jastolze like this.
  6. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    what i need to run pk3DS ?

7. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    pk3DS [​IMG]

jastolze likes this.
  8. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    So, I have the OR 3ds file, but when I try to open the file in PK3DS, it doesn't do anything. Does it need to be a certain file extension, or am I just doing something wrong?

It says "open 'a' and I'm not sure what that means, maybe someone could explain it to me? Thanks!

9. cherryduck

cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2007
    The far side of the moon
    I think you need to extract the file system as in there there's a bunch of files just named stuff like "a", basically single characters.

That's a whole other ball game though. Look through the forums for the guides on getting your xorpads and extracting the filesystem. You'll then need to repackage the files, easiest way is to make them into a .cia.

A fair bit of reading to do if you're completely new but it's not that complex in practice.

jastolze likes this.
  10. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    what is pk3DS? On google he say is a flashcard LOL

11. thaosnake

thaosnake Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2014
    United States
    go to project pokemon.com they have a wild editor trainer editor and other..I was able to create a hard mod for myself to play with about 1/3 trainer using mega

12. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Yeah it said that for me, too. It's a tool used to modify pretty much anything in 6th gen games.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on extracting the files inside the rom so I can edit, as cherryduck mentioned?

Edit: I tried some Garc editors, but they only work for X/Y as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking to edit OR/AS. What Garc editor should I be using?

13. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    There are many tutorials online on how to extract the game files from the ROM. Once you unpack romfs.bin you just drop the 'a' folder into pk3DS. It works for ORAS and XY...

jastolze likes this.
  14. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Hey I'm really new at this, so please be patient with me on this, but when I try to extract the Garc files from Pokemon OR, it gives me an error saying it hasn't been decompressed (not decrypted) It's in 3ds format and I really would like to edit the Wild Pokemon. How would I go about decompressing the game? I'm using GarcTool 1.3a just fyi.