ROM Hack Pokemon New [A WIP Pokemon Hack]

joncomic

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
17
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
21
Country
United States
alright. so, i consider myself an above average sprite creator.

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entirely new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for fr/lg(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

and also a tool for map editing would be nice.

i can figure out the rest on my own. (:

i think. haha.
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
241
Country
Netherlands
joncomic said:
alright. so, i consider myself an above average sprite creator.

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entire new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for d/p(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

and also a tool for map editing would be nice.

i can figure out the rest on my own. (:

i think. haha.
There is no such thing as a map hacking tool for D/P/Pt/HG/SS yet AFAIK. There was something with the 3d stuff that was apparently very hard to hack. Sorry mate, but to make a good hack, you'd best use good old Fire Red or Leaf Green.

EDIT:And could you show some of your work please? Just curious.
 

joncomic

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
17
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
21
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
joncomic said:
alright. so, i consider myself an above average sprite creator.

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entire new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for d/p(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

and also a tool for map editing would be nice.

i can figure out the rest on my own. (:

i think. haha.
There is no such thing as a map hacking tool for D/P/Pt/HG/SS yet AFAIK. There was something with the 3d stuff that was apparently very hard to hack. Sorry mate, but to make a good hack, you'd best use good old Fire Red or Leaf Green.

EDIT:And could you show some of your work please? Just curious.

well, i appreciate the quick response! i guess i'll switch my focus to fr/lg.

mind pointing me in the direction of some tools?


[EDIT] as all of my sprites are on my desktop, which is currently being repaired, i'll have to make a new one for you right now.

if someone would please post a drawing/reference of something you'd like to see as a pokemon, i'll go ahead and sprite it.

(please don't use a copyrighted drawing, use something original)
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
241
Country
Netherlands
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.
 

joncomic

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
17
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
21
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.

i was at that site a few minutes ago. seems the boards are experiencing too much traffic.

[EDIT] so, currently i'm using the overworld editor - rebirth program.

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to let me choose my own colors?
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
241
Country
Netherlands
joncomic said:
Demonbart said:
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.

i was at that site a few minutes ago. seems the boards are experiencing too much traffic.
Probably because of HG/SS. Try this no guarantees, remember that.
 

joncomic

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
17
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
21
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
joncomic said:
Demonbart said:
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.

i was at that site a few minutes ago. seems the boards are experiencing too much traffic.
Probably because of HG/SS. Try this no guarantees, remember that.

this has a few tools that might come in use later, so i appreciate that.

currently i'm playing around with editing the main character sprite.

but it won't let me choose different colors for the pallette.

interesting.
 

joncomic

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
17
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
21
Country
United States
brofaux said:
Please post an example of your work; Make a new one if you have to since your other computer is broken.

oh, i'd love to. i'd actually rather post in-game screenshots. but for some reason, when i try to write the new image to the pokegra.narc, it doesn't actually write.

so i'm kinda screwed.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    i dont think it does
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
    J @ Jephter: Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but...