OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
alright. so, i consider myself an above average sprite creator.

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entirely new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for fr/lg(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

and also a tool for map editing would be nice.

i can figure out the rest on my own. (:

i think. haha.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
joncomic said:

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entire new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for d/p(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

i think. haha.
There is no such thing as a map hacking tool for D/P/Pt/HG/SS yet AFAIK. There was something with the 3d stuff that was apparently very hard to hack. Sorry mate, but to make a good hack, you'd best use good old Fire Red or Leaf Green.

EDIT:And could you show some of your work please? Just curious.

joncomic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
joncomic said:

because of my intense and burning passion for pokemon, i'm gonna create an entire new new region with all new pokemon and gyms. it'll take me a while, but i'd like to get started now.

all i need from you guys right now would be a sprite editor for d/p(i'm just gonna change certain pokemon to new pokemon, meaning you will be unable to catch all the pokemon from old games. (sorry guys)

i think. haha.
There is no such thing as a map hacking tool for D/P/Pt/HG/SS yet AFAIK. There was something with the 3d stuff that was apparently very hard to hack. Sorry mate, but to make a good hack, you'd best use good old Fire Red or Leaf Green.

EDIT:And could you show some of your work please? Just curious.

well, i appreciate the quick response! i guess i'll switch my focus to fr/lg.

mind pointing me in the direction of some tools?

[EDIT] as all of my sprites are on my desktop, which is currently being repaired, i'll have to make a new one for you right now.

if someone would please post a drawing/reference of something you'd like to see as a pokemon, i'll go ahead and sprite it.

(please don't use a copyrighted drawing, use something original)

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.

joncomic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
There's this site called pokécommunity IIRC, there are lots of tools on there so you can choose what to hack your rom with.
Only one drawback, you have to register to be able to download files, but it's free and no strings attached so it's fine I guess.

i was at that site a few minutes ago. seems the boards are experiencing too much traffic.

[EDIT] so, currently i'm using the overworld editor - rebirth program.

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to let me choose my own colors?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
joncomic said:
Demonbart said:

i was at that site a few minutes ago. seems the boards are experiencing too much traffic.
Probably because of HG/SS. Try this no guarantees, remember that.

joncomic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
joncomic said:
Demonbart said:

Probably because of HG/SS. Try this no guarantees, remember that.

this has a few tools that might come in use later, so i appreciate that.

currently i'm playing around with editing the main character sprite.

but it won't let me choose different colors for the pallette.

interesting.

joncomic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
brofaux said:
Please post an example of your work; Make a new one if you have to since your other computer is broken.

oh, i'd love to. i'd actually rather post in-game screenshots. but for some reason, when i try to write the new image to the pokegra.narc, it doesn't actually write.

so i'm kinda screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night