ROM Hack Pokemon Moon Randomizer Help

SyberStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

I'm trying to randomize my Pokemon Moon game and having some trouble, would like some help from you guys.

My current set up is as follows:
Currently Running: Luma3DS v8.1.1 on old 3DS, I have selected the option to enable game patches in the Luma3DS menu.

Folder setup is as follows:
  • SD:/luma/code_sections/titleID.bin
  • SD:/luma/titles/titleID/code.bin
  • SD:/SaltySD/SunMoon/romfs/a/so on and so forth for the edited files
I have update Moon to version 1.1

So the issue is that whenever I launch the game, an error screen pops up. It says "An exception has occurred" then gives some details about it (ARM11, data abort, niji_loc) followed by strings of numbers and letters.

The game launches perfectly fine without game patching enabled, but obviously no randomizer, so there's most likely something I'm doing wrong with my setup. Can you guys help me? Would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the code_sections directory, Luma doesn't use it anymore. Also, it seems it would have something to do with your edits as the CFW is loading them but crashing.

SyberStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need the code_sections directory, Luma doesn't use it anymore. Also, it seems it would have something to do with your edits as the CFW is loading them but crashing.

Ah I see, thank you I will redo them and try again. Just want to make sure that my folder setup is correct?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, thank you I will redo them and try again. Just want to make sure that my folder setup is correct?
Nope. SaltySD romfs files don't go in a "romfs" folder. Your folder structure should be SD:/SaltySD/SunMoon/a and so on and so forth. The romfs folder is only used for Luma's layeredfs.

Reactions: Majickhat55

SyberStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys, got it to work! Looks like my editing was an issue and the romfs folder as well! Thank you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh