Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to omit abilities and held items

LGPE.png

To say that the Pokémon 'Let's Go' games are catering to the casual audience more than the core audience would be understating the matter. The game has only the original 151 Pokémon, removes wild battles, and now Serebii has determined yet another change in the formula for Let's Go.

After playing the game earlier today, Serebii has determined that both abilities and held items are absent. This is yet another change that may upset the more dedicated fans. Interestingly, Serebii has confirmed that IVs and EVs are still present in some form, despite being a far more complicated mechanic.

:arrow:Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. It's pretty guaranteed i'm going to pirate it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ITT: People surprised that gen1 remakes are using mostly gen1 mechanics.

Also ITT: People pretending that any Pokemon game in the series has been "challenging."
Yeah remember the gen 1 mechanic of no wild pokemon battles?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's the one big change, but still not worth whining about. Anybody who's played more than a few Pokemon games should prefer that process streamlined by now, it's incredibly time-consuming and repetitive.
how is catching pokemon over and over and releasing them using the gyroscope any less boring r time consuming to train?

you do realize that you will need to catch the pokemon over and over to get exp for your party pokemons to lvl up right? how Many ratatas you will catch and release before it becomes extremely boring, not to mention when on higher lvls like victory road training you will get pokemons who escape pokeballs much more often which means training on catching gravelers over and over and golbats will be way more tedious than using an attack and knock them out.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
how is catching pokemon over and over and releasing them using the gyroscope any less boring r time consuming to train?

you do realize that you will need to catch the pokemon over and over to get exp for your party pokemons to lvl up right? how Many ratatas you will catch and release before it becomes extremely boring, not to mention when on higher lvls like victory road training you will get pokemons who escape pokeballs much more often which means training on catching gravelers over and over and golbats will be way more tedious than using an attack and knock them out.
Catching a few Rattata is still a lot faster than battling a few Rattata. Also they can set the experience gain curve however they want, so the pacing could potentially be far better.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Catching a few Rattata is still a lot faster than battling a few Rattata. Also they can set the experience gain curve however they want, so the pacing could potentially be far better.
lol wait until you are catching lvl 40+ pokemons who just arent caught at first try, you will wish you could just atack them and one hit them for the exp.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol wait until you are catching lvl 40+ pokemons who just arent caught at first try, you will wish you could just atack them and one hit them for the exp.
Anything can be caught on the first try if you're accurate enough, but I think even if it took you five or six attempts it would still be faster than battling it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anything can be caught on the first try if you're accurate enough, but I think even if it took you five or six attempts it would still be faster than battling it.
you must battle a diferent way than me just get exp share put a pokemon with a super effective move on front and use it, takes one attack lol, since all games now have an exp share its easier than cake to lvl up anyone really, just use super effective move and your good.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
you must battle a diferent way than me just get exp share put a pokemon with a super effective move on front and use it, takes one attack lol, since all games now have an exp share its easier than cake to lvl up anyone really, just use super effective move and your good.
True, but you're most likely not going to be super effective against every type, and to get to the point of having a trained up team you would've already spent a lot of time battling wild Pokemon. Since they're instantly catchable in Let's Go, it's like having the super effective bonus right from the start.

so we still going have Steel Dark Fairy types?
I'd bet on no until they introduce gen2 mons. My theory is that they'll slowly expand the Let's Go universe to all current generations, alongside mainline sequel releases.

Last edited by Xzi,

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The worrying thing about this is, is how much influence will this have on the Pokemon games next year. To be fair, I doubt they would takeaway at least hold items for the next game.

Do I remember wrong? I thought this game will have Mega Evolutions.

Fix'd
?
Pretty sure it is fine the other way

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm really not happy how they are treating series that Ive been playing my whole life :(
wat
LGPE is just a casual Pokemon title aimed to GO fans, kids and people who never played a Pokemon game.
Pokemon Switch (2019) will be the Pokemon game every core fan is waiting for.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat
LGPE is just a casual Pokemon title aimed to GO fans, kids and people who never played a Pokemon game.
Pokemon Switch (2019) will be the Pokemon game every core fan is waiting for.
OK but you have to understand that this is what your crystal ball is telling you and not Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.