INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
don't work shiny code…
So these two Shiny Shinx and Shiny Gyarados are just amazing luck?

No, it works. I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I can guarantee, 100%, it works.

Attachments

• F51F2D70-53E4-477A-93A2-415B24BFF2DF.jpeg
    F51F2D70-53E4-477A-93A2-415B24BFF2DF.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: NaCLy_AF

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you using a master code?
There is no mastercode for v1.0.2.
If you have updated to v1.0.2, delete your old cheat file and redownload the zip on the main page, and copy the newest version of the cheat file for the 1.0.2 version. Don't ever mix and match codes between versions.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Don't ever mix and match codes between versions.
With that being said, can someone make a v1.0.2 compatible Deaf Pokémon cheat code? There doesn't seem to be one in the BEF291F2639F7AFE.txt downloadable from the main post 👀 ...

EDIT: Actually, there isn't one in the files for the other versions either. I did get it from a different page, but I figured it'd be here.
Oh well. It doesn't matter. The question stands 👀 ...

8bitsoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has the Pokemon file structure for Legends Arceus been deciphered yet? If so, is there a neat compiled hex editing guide I could follow somewhere? For clarification, I'm talking about individual Pokemon files, not the ROM. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has the Pokemon file structure for Legends Arceus been deciphered yet? If so, is there a neat compiled hex editing guide I could follow somewhere? For clarification, I'm talking about individual Pokemon files, not the ROM. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Could you explain what you mean better?
If you mean editing pokemon stats, moves, etc, pkhex has support for PLA now.

8bitsoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you explain what you mean better?
If you mean editing pokemon stats, moves, etc, pkhex has support for PLA now.
It's specifically the mastery of illegal moves, and it's seemingly impossible to achieve using PKHeX. Either that or I'm missing something.

From me messing around with PKHeX, I've found:

You can have one illegal move in a "mastered" state by selecting it in the Alpha mastered option, regardless of if the mon in question is actually an Alpha. This surprisingly works on moves not available from the move shop or even in the natural learnset of the mon as well, so I definitely think there's something aside from the base level-up mastery and move shop flags that can trigger the "mastered" state.

Now, it's perfectly reasonable to have only one "Alpha mastered" slot in the GUI because that's the only amount you would ever need 99.99% of the time, but I'm trying to push the game into a region it's really not supposed to ever go.

TLDR I'm trying to see if I can have multiple illegal moves in a mastered state on one mon, and with PKHeX being of no help I turned to hex editing

rizakh

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's specifically the mastery of illegal moves, and it's seemingly impossible to achieve using PKHeX. Either that or I'm missing something.

You can have one illegal move in a "mastered" state by selecting it in the Alpha mastered option, regardless of if the mon in question is actually an Alpha. This surprisingly works on moves not available from the move shop or even in the natural learnset of the mon as well, so I definitely think there's something aside from the base level-up mastery and move shop flags that can trigger the "mastered" state.

Now, it's perfectly reasonable to have only one "Alpha mastered" slot in the GUI because that's the only amount you would ever need 99.99% of the time, but I'm trying to push the game into a region it's really not supposed to ever go.

TLDR I'm trying to see if I can have multiple illegal moves in a mastered state on one mon, and with PKHeX being of no help I turned to hex editing
did you already tried pkhax? just rename the exe to it and it'll unlock "hack" features. maybe this could help achieve waht you want :)

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Outside of the Alpha mastery, if you force a pokemon to have a move it could never learn, it corrupts your save, as far as I'm aware.

As for "PKHeX being of no help I turned to hex editing", it's in the name, Pkhex.

8bitsoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Outside of the Alpha mastery, if you force a pokemon to have a move it could never learn, it corrupts your save, as far as I'm aware.

As for "PKHeX being of no help I turned to hex editing", it's in the name, Pkhex.
Traditional Hex editing. You get what I'm saying. Either way, the move itself was edited in fine, just that I don't know how to designate it as "mastered" other than with the Alpha mastery, which is still only one slot. Corrpution isn't much of a problem from what I can see, as editing in illegal moves into the move reminder list worked just fine, changing a value here or there to designate it as "mastered" shouldn't suddenly cause the file to corrupt, and even if it does I can just load a backup.

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Traditional Hex editing. You get what I'm saying. Either way, the move itself was edited in fine, just that I don't know how to designate it as "mastered" other than with the Alpha mastery, which is still only one slot. Corrpution isn't much of a problem from what I can see, as editing in illegal moves into the move reminder list worked just fine, changing a value here or there to designate it as "mastered" shouldn't suddenly cause the file to corrupt, and even if it does I can just load a backup.
If you've loaded a save with a pokemon that has a move that was never possible to be learned, then go to the lady in the town and use a seed of mastery to master it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)