ROM Hack Pokémon HGSS - Better Names Patch

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used Project Pokemon Rom Editor, then I saved the rom, (didn't write it using it) and rebuild it using Pokétext.

WORKS ON NO$GBA WITH THIS CODE
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Works on IDEAS TOO!

CAN YOU TEST ON YOUR FLASHCARDS PEOPLE?

sem20ttulo.png

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Master Emerald said:
I used Project Pokemon Rom Editor, then I saved the rom, (didn't write it using it) and rebuild it using Pokétext.

WORKS ON NO$GBA WITH THIS CODE
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Works on IDEAS TOO!

CAN YOU TEST ON YOUR FLASHCARDS PEOPLE?

sem20ttulo.png

Works perfectly now mate cheers!

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested with the R4, NO YSMENU, Firmware 1.18, no crashes after 110 events.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY FLASHCARD TEST THE ROM WITH THIS PATCH (WITHOUT YSMENU WOULD BE BETTER) AND POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS FORM

FLASHCARD
HG or SS?
# of Events
Badges

THANKS!!

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
While I am content with the new names (I stopped caring about the "authenticity" of localisations when Atlus started to keep the honorific terms in Persona games), I do like the idea of a patch for people who want a more "authentic" localisation. Keep it up, I suppose.

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
could you release one without the AP fix ( AceKard's dont need the AP fix ) i really want the old names back, the new ones suck...

No, it plays normally with APFix, I have an Acekard2i and there are no problems...

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
All the AP-Fix do is change the ARM-9 file, It won't mess with the gameplay, nor cheats...

I'd prefer a rather untouched game, you never know what it can f*** up.
And i think it isnt that hard to remove the AP from the patch, right?

Now, pretty please
shy.gif
?

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The dialogue change is bigger to the rom than the arm 9 which has the same size. So if something could fuck up the game, would be the dialogues, but man, I've tested already, it's perfect, I've FINISHED the game. Not a single freeze/bug. I won't do another patch because you don't like it...! It has no reason at all. As I said, as his ARM9 file has the same size, it won't fuck up the other things...]

So yeah, don't ask for a version w/o AP FIX. (If you want it so badly, extract the dialogues from a patched rom and reinsert in an unpatched rom... simple!)

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
The dialogue change is bigger to the rom than the arm 9 which has the same size. So if something could fuck up the game, would be the dialogues, but man, I've tested already, it's perfect, I've FINISHED the game. Not a single freeze/bug. I won't do another patch because you don't like it...! It has no reason at all. As I said, as his ARM9 file has the same size, it won't fuck up the other things...]

So yeah, don't ask for a version w/o AP FIX. (If you want it so badly, extract the dialogues from a patched rom and reinsert in an unpatched rom... simple!)

Hmm, tried it, and it isnt the same size anymore, original is 131.072 KB patched is 123.343 KB

will try that, switch the dialogues

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It wasn't the same size even before including the A/P. If you extract the contents of the rom and reinsert the dialogs and rebuild, all the unused space will be wiped, that's why it's smaller. But no data was lost, so this is far different from trimming. Just patch the game and enjoy man!

Also the space that was wiped was after the rom ENDED. So it won't interfere with your cheats.

I'll be clear again, what changed the rom size was MY patch. Not rudlph's.

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
It wasn't the same size even before including the A/P. If you extract the contents of the rom and reinsert the dialogs and rebuild, all the unused space will be wiped, that's why it's smaller. But no data was lost, so this is far different from trimming. Just patch the game and enjoy man!

Also the space that was wiped was after the rom ENDED. So it won't interfere with your cheats.

I'll be clear again, what changed the rom size was MY patch. Not rudlph's.
Oh well, extracted the dialogues and made my own patch, thanks anyway
biggrin.gif

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to state you'll still have the chance of the game being fucked up as the new dialog file is bigger than the old =p. (15kb bigger or so?)

I mean, it won't fuck up, but the rom is not cleaner than mine =p.

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
I'd like to state you'll still have the chance of the game being fucked up as the new dialog file is bigger than the old =p. (15kb bigger or so?)

I mean, it won't fuck up, but the rom is not cleaner than mine =p.

yours = 7.062 KB
cleans = 7.429 KB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz