aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
~Russ~ said:
Okay, maybe I'm being stupid, but if the AP kicks on after the counter reaches 24, wouldn't fixing it just require adding some code that tells the game to set the counter to zero constantly, or something similar? It doesn't seem like it should be too hard.

Also, I think exiting a battle adds to the counter. The game froze when I ran away from a wild Ratatta. It also froze when I clicked the options button, which makes me think that the options menu adds to the counter as well.

We need to like do this:

onEventTriggered {
if (c != 0)
c = 0;
}

Course it's easier said than done.

how does one code a nds game anyway? what compiler? language? i wanna take a crack at it.

skwipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could it just be that something was added on the cart, hardware wise, that would add/modify data at intervals?

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
im jut waiting ..
i mean cant somone who knows hex editing and stuff like that come up with a patch soon
smile.gif

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, after several tests I can report both games crash with akaio 1.5.1
However THEY DO WORK correctly using 1.6 RC1.

Using 1.5.1 The game crashed 3-4 times before getting the pokedex (rushing to get it)
Using 1.6 RC1 I restarted the game and still no crash at Goldenrod City.

This is acekard only tho.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Sachka said:

Using 1.5.1 The game crashed 3-4 times before getting the pokedex (rushing to get it)

What save files does Acekard use? I figure I'll just borrow my friend's card and be done with it.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Artix said:
Sachka said:

What save files does Acekard use? I figure I'll just borrow my friend's card and be done with it.

512KB .sav file in my case

Augustus Osari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sachka said:

So... someone want to peek into the AKAIO code and try to figure out how they fixed it?

Assuming that's even plausible and that there aren't any better ideas.

Derpityherp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Jasonese said:
~Russ~ said:
Okay, maybe I'm being stupid, but if the AP kicks on after the counter reaches 24, wouldn't fixing it just require adding some code that tells the game to set the counter to zero constantly, or something similar? It doesn't seem like it should be too hard.

Also, I think exiting a battle adds to the counter. The game froze when I ran away from a wild Ratatta. It also froze when I clicked the options button, which makes me think that the options menu adds to the counter as well.

Yeah I mentioned that battles may count as 2, but seeing now that it's not only the events that are activating the AP, resetting the counter may save you from freezing, but only up to when the battles do. So I'd say that you're safe up until the 3rd badge.

There's really no point in looking into the counter anymore since it's clearly been proven wrong, but hey, I tried. Way to crush my glimmer of hope Nintendo.
Battles (wild battles, not trainer ones) are counting as 1 for me, at least. 16 battles freeze me, 16 entering/exiting a house freezes me, opening Pokémon menu 16 times freezes me. Running left and right for 30 minutes straight didn't affect me at all though.

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
yep its 22 allright
i was in the lab went out thats 1 and after 21 in and out in the house
it froze
black screen and music goes on

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
skwipe said:
Well something i found out it seems to freeze more and more often as you advance through the game... Right now I have to save every 2-3 minutes or itll freeze on me, I got my 3rd badge on my way for my 4th...

Anyways, my guess is it has something to do with the RAM that bugs after getting too much and not clearing, since you can play for a while.. After saving and continuing your usually OK, or just by resetting it clears the memory and it work. Just my guess anyways

Yeah I think this is the problem. Thats why the "counter" is lower when you're further advanced in the game. So it's just waiting for someone to give us a patch xD

Augustus Osari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "counter" is probably intentionally lower because Nintendo is attempting to force people to buy the game through a combination of annoyance and addiction.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell what the hell is going on in that video -- it's far too small and blurry (and even blurrier when enlarged).

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol, I'm not waiting for the patch, I'm waiting for the damn retail copy to come here!!
P.S. Lulz at my Pokemon games, that I actually own.
- Pokemon Blue
- Pokemon Crystal
- Pokemon LeafGreen
- Pokemon Diamond
These are the only 4 Pokemon titles I actually bought! How many did you?? -Trying to get HeartGold retail copy A.S.A.P- Ofcourse I want the PokeWalker
wink.gif

On-topic- The game also seems to freeze after 20 minutes into the game, and somehow, I don't know why, I feel the game is freezing more frequently now, (past badge 3) maybe it's just my imagination. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, is that kinda like bonzi buddy?