well hopefully by the end of the night or by tommorow we will have our patch
tongue.gif

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hidoshi said:
This might be me, or a coincidence, but I think the AP has something to do with the pokewalker. They say ingame that you can talk to your pokemon and stuff, and everytime after I do that it freezes, so now I'm afraid to talk to my CHIKORITA xD

It definitely doesn't do it after I talk to my cyndaquil. But you might be on to something...

What if they made it so it checks every once in a while if you have a true infrared card?

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtenma said:
Hidoshi said:
This might be me, or a coincidence, but I think the AP has something to do with the pokewalker. They say ingame that you can talk to your pokemon and stuff, and everytime after I do that it freezes, so now I'm afraid to talk to my CHIKORITA xD

It definitely doesn't do it after I talk to my cyndaquil. But you might be on to something...

What if they made it so it checks every once in a while if you have a true infrared card?

Worse comes to worse, they'll probably use some method to put a breakpoint on the checking, and just have it jump to the confirmation.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
jtenma said:
Hidoshi said:

Or perhaps it's a periodical check to see if you're trying to connect a Pokewalker?

Obviously no IR on a ROM/flashcard so it returns an error and then spazzes out crying "PIRACY! CRASH THE GAME!".

Whatever it is, I'm hoping it's not overly complicated. Could be a similar AP method to the Japanese version, but because all the values have shifted the old codes won't work. Just needs someone to spend time figuring out what the US codes are!

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
well im currently playing it on my DSTT no crashes or black screens
but that might be because im not moving on with the game ( soft reseting )

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muckers said:
Or perhaps it's a periodical check to see if you're trying to connect a Pokewalker?

Obviously no IR on a ROM/flashcard so it returns an error and then spazzes out crying "PIRACY! CRASH THE GAME!".

Whatever it is, I'm hoping it's not overly complicated. Could be a similar AP method to the Japanese version, but because all the values have shifted the old codes won't work. Just needs someone to spend time figuring out what the US codes are!
There should be a way to just patch or hex edit the 'scan for IR functionality now' command within the rom itself.

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Rockstar said:
asthegreat said:
Where have you reached?
currently soft reseting for a good nature or a shiny starter in the lab
i dont think im going to move unless a full patch has been released ( just for safety )
tongue.gif

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man it's times like this that I wish I could contribute to the community, but with no knowledge of hex editing I can't do anything but say what everyone else has already said and or experienced.

I'm going to test whatever possible cause that comes to mind.

Influ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
EDIT- The Rudolph Patch does not work at this current moment, a patch update is being coded.

Found this on some random board. Probably complete bull, but who knows? Keep your heads up!

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asthegreat said:
Rockstar said:
asthegreat said:
Where have you reached?

i dont think im going to move unless a full patch has been released ( just for safety )
tongue.gif

It will crash if you do anything else. Trust me, I have a dstt.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Influ @ Mar 12 2010, 11:45 AM) QUOTE
EDIT- The Rudolph Patch does not work at this current moment, a patch update is being coded.

Found this on some random board. Probably complete bull, but who knows? Keep your heads up!

That would be sweet. Can you post a link? Or is it against the rules? I don't want you to get in trouble.

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
jtenma said:
asthegreat said:
Rockstar said:
asthegreat said:
Where have you reached?
tongue.gif

It will crash if you do anything else. Trust me, I have a dstt.
lol
if anything apears i will save and take the sav file and keep it on my pc xD

xbrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
czulki said:
Rydian said:
czulki said:
Also, to kill some time, who else thinks that AP is a joke? Why would nintendo even invest time into making it, even though it will be cracked within days?
The same reason your parents make you dress up for church or clean the house when you have dinner guests, both you and your parents know it doesn't actually change anything, but the other people will be judging your parents based on it.

Lots of higher-ups in game/marketing companies don't realize DRM doesn't work as it should, and state that they won't deal with the product unless some effort is made to fight piracy, so they put AP in the games as a display of effort, even though they know it's ultimately futile.

If nintendo stopped putting AP in games, it'd send a "We don't care about piracy" signal out, which would not be good.

Not everybody that deals with videogames in one form or another knows nearly as much as we do.

Stuff like the pokewalker are far more effective tha any AP, it encourages to buy the actual game in order to have access to the whole content. And to be honest I DID always thought nintendo didn't care that much about piracy, they always had good numbers with their products. I mean look at the PS3: it took over 3 years to hack it[ and thats only the FAT model] And correct me if I am wrong, but in the past none of their games[at least for the handheld] had any AP.

just asked my mom for the game
rofl2.gif
because it's true, pokewalker enables the whole thing.
Here's a question, is a pokewalker only working with the game it came with? or i can get one on eBay and use it with the xenophobia.

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Influ said:
QUOTE said:

now with a ROM Master working on it we may have a chance

about the IR check... i can hardly belive it.

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
i already pre ordered my game
but in the uk its released on the 26th i guess
so i downloaded it just to see how it looks and check it out

czulki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xbrosss said:
czulki said:
Rydian said:
czulki said:
Also, to kill some time, who else thinks that AP is a joke? Why would nintendo even invest time into making it, even though it will be cracked within days?
The same reason your parents make you dress up for church or clean the house when you have dinner guests, both you and your parents know it doesn't actually change anything, but the other people will be judging your parents based on it.

Lots of higher-ups in game/marketing companies don't realize DRM doesn't work as it should, and state that they won't deal with the product unless some effort is made to fight piracy, so they put AP in the games as a display of effort, even though they know it's ultimately futile.

If nintendo stopped putting AP in games, it'd send a "We don't care about piracy" signal out, which would not be good.

Not everybody that deals with videogames in one form or another knows nearly as much as we do.

Stuff like the pokewalker are far more effective tha any AP, it encourages to buy the actual game in order to have access to the whole content. And to be honest I DID always thought nintendo didn't care that much about piracy, they always had good numbers with their products. I mean look at the PS3: it took over 3 years to hack it[ and thats only the FAT model] And correct me if I am wrong, but in the past none of their games[at least for the handheld] had any AP.

just asked my mom for the game
rofl2.gif
because it's true, pokewalker enables the whole thing.
Here's a question, is a pokewalker only working with the game it came with? or i can get one on eBay and use it with the xenophobia.

Well it seems to communicate with the game, not the DS, so using a flashcard and a pokewalker is not an option.

Influ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
jtenma said:
That would be sweet. Can you post a link? Or is it against the rules? I don't want you to get in trouble.
Yep, would be against the rules to post the link. Can be found via google relatively easy though.

Yellow-SH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello, there is something that I do not understand...
I see a lot of replies that say the game works perfectly fine (except freezes) sub R4 1.18 or even 1.17. I have myself a R4 1.18 with YSMenu, and the game does not deign to work with me. I would add that it is the Quebec version, so it's in French, and I wanted to know if this changed anything ?
unsure.gif

Thank you in advance for your answers. And sorry if my English "stinks", I speak it very badly, so I use Google Translate. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...