demoon42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

can some1 tell me when the pokemon HG/SS is out in english?
or some1 in japanse,
and if there is japanse can some1 get an english translation??

TY

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It comes out September 12th in Japan. I would not know about a translation but there was one for Platinum version last year few days after Japanese release. For the American release its in Spring 2010. No official date yet.

nds rom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yaynds.gif

muzuhara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does it take so long to translate pokemon? it shouldnt take 6 months for nintendo(or whoever it is that does the official translations) to translate a game that has no dubs and is all in hiragana. it should take their translating team like 3 weeks max not 6 months

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could've just Google'd it. Or used Wikipedia. Both are better than wasting server space.

muzuhara said:
why does it take so long to translate pokemon? it shouldnt take 6 months for nintendo(or whoever it is that does the official translations) to translate a game that has no dubs and is all in hiragana. it should take their translating team like 3 weeks max not 6 months

Nintendo likes to make sure everything is fine polished. They'll want to accurately translate everything and probably look over it a lot. They don't just run it through Google translate. Also, if it doesn't take so long, then do it yourself. I'll be certain that thenewpoketext will work with it (considering it runs on Platinum's engine and structure, I'm pretty sure), so you can translate everything yourself. Don't start bashing something if you're not able to do it yourself. The only exception to that rule is shovelware games, since no one would want to do that.

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
You could've just Google'd it. Or used Wikipedia. Both are better than wasting server space.

muzuhara said:

Nintendo likes to make sure everything is fine polished. They'll want to accurately translate everything and probably look over it a lot. They don't just run it through Google translate. Also, if it doesn't take so long, then do it yourself. I'll be certain that thenewpoketext will work with it (considering it runs on Platinum's engine and structure, I'm pretty sure), so you can translate everything yourself. Don't start bashing something if you're not able to do it yourself. The only exception to that rule is shovelware games, since no one would want to do that.

no nintendo doesnt like americans. They are really slow to translate, hopefully the game comes with the english in it, ex. just change some hex and the game would be in english

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I like that nintendo makes again the older versions of pokemon for the new players. And the US-EU edition hope it gets out quick.

(off-topic: why they named one of the games Soul Silver - Tamagin - Gintama???? If anyone knows that series)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you realize its gonna take atleast 2 years for crystal or watever to come out
think about it
pokemon daimond and pearl came out like 2 years ago..maybe more and platinum came out just in may or sumthin i dont remeber
so r u seriously gonna wait for the game for 2 - 3years

if i were u i wud play them
crystal is gonna have minor modifications just like platinum did

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There probably won't be a Crystal remake if you look back on the Pokemon R/B/Y series remakes, which didn't have a Yellow remake for GBA. It'd be nice, but if you go with the way they did Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green, then they might not.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be attempting a basic menu translation as soon as i can get my hands on the game. I have so far done a successful practice translation with the Japanese version of platinum. If all goes good i can have hg/ss translated with in a few hours once i get it.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think when the game is out, someone can just translate all menues, pokemon names, attack names & all items. Story and so on wouldn't make sense since it is coming out in EU/US, too.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, when i mean basic menu translation i mean like the text that is displayed in battles, pokemon names, item names, item descriptions, attack names, attack descriptions, pokemon summary pages, abilities and their info, option menu, main menu with save etc, pokedex entries and types, mart menus , the PC, and the newgame/continue screen.

I will not be doing Character dialog.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yungmoney said:
i wouldnt play any of those when they come out cuz there has to be a crystal version
By seeing the trailers, it looks like HG/SS also has some "Crystal" in it. Suicune is in the wild, Eusine stalks...again, and you have a Battle Frontier. Those are some of the improvements found in Crystal, right?

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
I will be attempting a basic menu translation as soon as i can get my hands on the game. I have so far done a successful practice translation with the Japanese version of platinum. If all goes good i can have hg/ss translated with in a few hours once i get it.
The new poketext really makes the translation of basic things quite easy. I expect you'll have your basic patch done in no time.

Good luck,
-Rykin (the one who made the original Platinum patch)

Jacinto009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't take long to translate the essentials, meaning the pokemon or the moves and items since somebody could just try to translate from the gameboy version right?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
KazoWAR said:
The new poketext really makes the translation of basic things quite easy. I expect you'll have your basic patch done in no time.

Good luck,
-Rykin (the one who made the original Platinum patch)

Yea it does, I just hope Nintendo didn't find that out and encrypt hg/ss msg.narcs differently.

Also I really appreciated the platinum patch you made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Only the Jaguar could run something so advanced! lol