ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translation for move names and item names are all I'll be needing, assuming the remake plays out pretty much the same as the originals. At least, just as long as they don't add anything extra to the main story, like the Sevii Islands in FR/LG.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since these games are coded exactly the same as Platinum, it shouldn't be hard to hack.

EDIT: Why would it take Nintendo 6 months to translate a game that's already in English? They could just take the script from G/S.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Since these games are coded exactly the same as Platinum, it shouldn't be hard to hack.

EDIT: Why would it take Nintendo 6 months to translate a game that's already in English? They could just take the script from G/S.

incompatibly and most likely different text with extra tid bits thrown in. its like saying why not just copy the subtitles from Kanon and use them on the Kanon 2006 remake.

Raqib12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If thenewpoketext still decrypts SoulSilver's NARC file, I'm gonna do the translation most likely. lyptt is gonna make the actual patch.

Wish me luck
tongue.gif

sland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering that we have newer tools to use, translating this game shouldn't be too hard. I guess as long as someone translates the menus, important dialog, moves and such, then it should be easily playable. Kudos to anyone who selflessly takes time out of their lives to translate this game partially/fully for us!

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
muzuhara said:
why does it take so long to translate pokemon? it shouldnt take 6 months for nintendo(or whoever it is that does the official translations) to translate a game that has no dubs and is all in hiragana. it should take their translating team like 3 weeks max not 6 months
What about all the making of carts.. manuals.. boxes... packing... shipping to stores, waiting to see if any big glitches pop up in the Japanese versions that need fixing in the US/EU copys? (Like surfing through the E4 door?) working on advertising?

ryo905

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
metalmouth647 said:
It comes out September 12th in Japan. I would not know about a translation but there was one for Platinum version last year few days after Japanese release. For the American release its in Spring 2010. No official date yet.

comes out hg ss 14 march

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.....are you guys serious????
ph34r.gif

its funny really.....LOL....you guys claim to know alot about hacking yet you guys dont know who makes the pokemon games. you see their logo when you turn on the game..LOL....Nintendo doesnt make pokemon games(except the spin offs). they just license it. the real makers are Gamefreak. you guys should know by know, they have like 16 diffrent pokemon games now and you guys still think Nintendo makes'em

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takun32 said:
.....are you guys serious????
ph34r.gif

its funny really.....LOL....you guys claim to know alot about hacking yet you guys dont know who makes the pokemon games. you see their logo when you turn on the game..LOL....Nintendo doesnt make pokemon games(except the spin offs). they just license it. the real makers are Gamefreak. you guys should know by know, they have like 16 diffrent pokemon games now and you guys still think Nintendo makes'em

Game Freak is a Nintendo developer. It's second party, though.

I hardly notice the developers of games in the opening credits. You'll watch 'em 1,000 times but never really notice. I only happen to know Pokemon because I remember the logo in the earlier games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou