ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS Portuguese version.

Should this be done?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Partially (Menus/Items/Attacks)

• Total voters

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys. I've seen the Dutch translation project and I thought it would be useful to translate this game into yet another language (exactly for the same purpose as the Dutch one), so I decided to try and do so for my own language - Portuguese. Now I have no ROM hacking skills whatsoever so I would need someone to do that part of the work for me. Translation, on the other hand I could do (obviously, since the scripts are so huge, any help would be appreciated). Take note though, that this would be European Portuguese, not Brazillian Portuguese, so if you are Brazillian and would like to help, please make sure you know the differences.

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That would be pretty much the same for the Dutch one. I'm doing this for the little kids who can't read English, even though not many will have access to this unless an older sibling or parent helps them. And I'm just sick of the fact that the most popular games ever around here never get translated into our language.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Shady Guy Jose said:
That would be pretty much the same for the Dutch one. I'm doing this for the little kids who can't read English, even though not many will have access to this unless an older sibling or parent helps them. And I'm just sick of the fact that the most popular games ever around here never get translated into our language.

At least you get the game officially, we just get the imported American versions.
rolleyes.gif

Dreamboy21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darcangel said:
quite winnig and check before posting,
there will be a official release of HGSS on brasilian portuguese
I dont think so, i believe that they will translated to br, but no oficial brasilian relase version. also im portuguese too it would be nice to have all chatting text translated to european portuguese, although all atacks should be in english. xD thats my opinion

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
good ideia.
yaynds.gif
i doubt it will ever be released in brazilian portuguese, none of the pokemon games were ever translated officially, so why they would do it now?
frown.gif

also, i like the attacks in english too, because i'm very used with and reading them in portuguese is kinda odd. but it's better to translate everything, even if the major target are the little kids.
smile.gif

D

Deleted-236924

darcangel said:
quite winnig and check before posting,
there will be a official release of HGSS on brasilian portuguese
The games don't even have Portuguese coded in them.
You know the foreign dex entries? There's no portugese.

Trinta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ow man I don't think an portuguese would be nice,I think IN THIS OCCASION we should let the english and the other versions be the only ones and adapt,but back to the topic :yeah if someone is willing to help to do the english translation it would be nice

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I see a mixed reaction here... Well if someone is willing to help with the hacking part I'll try and translate at least the menus/items/attacks (maybe)/item descriptions.

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The betas will start when I find someone who can do the hacking part for me. I can take care of translation but I have zero knowledge of how to actually put the translated text into the game. It would help if whoever did that was also Portuguese/Brazillian so that they would know what changes they would have to make (putting "a/an" appropriately before item names in the J->E patch comes to mind, as there is the exact same situation in Portuguese, only with "o/a" or "um/uma" (male/female articles and male/female correspondents of "one", respectively) instead). But if I get lucky there will be a Brazillian Portuguese release like that guy said and the only thing that will need to be done is the minor spelling/grammar change between the two variants of the language (unlike British/American English, which are similar enough for both countries to use the same version, Portuguese actually has some differences which make it VERY irritating to read/play/listen/whatever something in Brazillian Portuguese).

Zanahoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Not really. And tbh the changes haven't been implemented in Portugal yet and we still use the old rules, and will do so for a while.

But that's not the point here. I'm sure that an european portuguese patch (or even an official release, rofl, not going to happen) would use the old grammatical rules.

I understand english, but good luck OP.
smile.gif
I remember playing Red/Blue way before I knew any english words and I did just fine, too, those kind of games are intuitive.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
As a Portuguese guy, I think that would be pretty useless... You know, we are already used to pokémon in it's original form so why spoil it with portuguese?

Really mate get over it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up