ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS fix discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I leave for 30 minutes and come back to this thread getting like another 10 pages.. and everytime I load a new page..another extra page comes up. This moves too fast.

I was poking around with the hex editor and randomly changed values.. Obviously I didn't find anythhing.

Vidar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Souldragon said:
baldymcbald said:
soul have you managed to narrow down any more offsets yet or is it still the 00000046 offset that you believe

Well I'm going test something out..

What I'm testing right now is the Hex of Heart Gold (F) vs the Hext of Heart Gold (U) and try to find something that they are related too.
Basically if they both have the same AP or 8bit error, they should have the same Hex for that.
Any progress on this?

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I leave for 30 minutes and come back to this thread getting like another 10 pages.. and everytime I load a new page..another extra page comes up. This moves too fast.

I was poking around with the hex editor and randomly changed values.. Obviously I didn't find anythhing

Oh and flood control is on..lol

EDIT: Whoops...sorry for the double post...Accidental

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiobarioca said:
did you guys noticed that the game freeze cuse it stop loading new stuf? but what was loaded before that continues there, like music.
maybe the game doesnt freeze in the screen transitino or in events, but before that, but we are only able to notice that when the game load something

Hmm, could be =/

For me, I got to the first town (I forget the name) when I heard about the piracy protection. So I went into a house, then out, then back in, etc. And sure enough after the 20-something "events", I exited the house, but the character sprites were all messed up and glitchy. Then I tried going back in, and it black screened.

/desmume 0.9.5 x86 btw

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys be patient! Do you remember bowser's inside story? We thought that game was IMPOSSIBLE!! It had so many different offsets and it was just crazy. Look now, it has a great working patch that allows you to play it fine. Calm down, we are all working with hex editors all all kinds of annoying programs to figure this out. It's barely been 2 days since the release of the rom so calm down. A patch will definately be developed by tommorow or early monday.

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidar said:
Souldragon said:
baldymcbald said:
soul have you managed to narrow down any more offsets yet or is it still the 00000046 offset that you believe

Well I'm going test something out..

What I'm testing right now is the Hex of Heart Gold (F) vs the Hext of Heart Gold (U) and try to find something that they are related too.
Basically if they both have the same AP or 8bit error, they should have the same Hex for that.
Any progress on this?

Seems like a good lead. Granted I don't think anyone else confirmed the same issue aside from myself with a DSTT 1.17

Just give him time, hes leading this charge and I have complete confidence in him.

My advice is for everyone else to dl the f rom and confirm that it is the same issue, being freezing after 24 events.

BigBear3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
Guys be patient! Do you remember bowser's inside story? We thought that game was IMPOSSIBLE!! It had so many different offsets and it was just crazy. Look now, it has a great working patch that allows you to play it fine. Calm down, we are all working with hex editors all all kinds of annoying programs to figure this out. It's barely been 2 days since the release of the rom so calm down. A patch will definately be developed by tommorow or early monday.
How long did Bowser's Inside Story take?

I have no idea. I'm new around these parts.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its said that its been tryed lad it doesnt work now please people id ask that you all sit tight and unless you have something that has to do with the coding or are trying a code please stop posting stuff that has been done earlier in the thread we are trying to keep this thread open till we can create a fix in the last half hour ive tryed 20more codes on the basis of offset 04000600 now this is just one possible offset that could be the cause of the error so far it seems that when the offset changes there is an overflow at one address we are trying to locate the exact address that the overflow is occuring at morethen likely it has nothing to do with counter on events but the redraw that occurs in changing of screens which is why in most cases sound remains even when there is no image

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigBear3 said:
Mana94 said:

If memory serves, about 10 days for all cards.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mana94 said:

Quoted for truth. Oh and just a little added note.. I have never encountered a game crash in mine. Only BSoD
Using orignal R4 firmware 1.18 YSMenu

EDIT: I left out vital information that I haven't even gotten a badge yet
tongue.gif

BigBear3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
Mana94 said:

Quoted for truth. Oh and just a little added note.. I have never encountered a game crash in mine. Only BSoD
Using orignal R4 firmware 1.18 YSMenu
I'm only experiencing the blank screen problem as well with R4i v.1.17b

Cawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigBear3 said:
Mana94 said:

It took about a week.

Beat, lol...

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ambitous21 said:
i agree with this thread..
at least have a place where people can talk and discuss about it..
isnt this the point of a forum?
even though not a lot of us are skillful enough to be the ones that patch it,
at least we can talk and discuss about it
A chat room would also be nice...

TheReadDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on Roms is usually a very thankless job. People keep on pushing you harder for something they're not willing to pay for, and in the end, give you an extremely shallow thank you then forget that you exist.

Anyways, a friend of mine brought up something to me, and I'm starting to wonder. Could it be possible that the game itself could have dummy code that the AP is constantly searching for with the event countdown as the first trigger?

EDIT: Could it be possible the Acekard may have something within its own programming that completes this loop that the other flashcarts don't?

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:

Why can't people be more like that?

People need to learn some damn patience, and not be so demanding.

I mean, damn, they're right now (kinda) getting away with not paying for the game, and eventually WILL COMPLETELY get away with it.

Swallow it, for pete's dragon's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch