Not open for further replies.

TheCypher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@mikeychunn
Wouldnt that also affect the ingame events?Making it impossible for some things to trigger and start happening?

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an "unrelated to the patch, but related to keeping this topic less of a failpile" note:

Is it possible for someone to edit the first post with just a few lines of: "The game already works for such and such card" so people won't feel inclined to hop in here just to say whether or not there card is working?

mike10003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drium said:
I've been reading this thread this page 50, and a lot of good and bad ideas have come up.

FIRST PRIORITY: Identify what it is that is making specific Flashcards make the game believe it is being run on a legit cart.

I cannot stress how that is probably the single biggest thing people should be looking at.

SECOND PRIORITY: Figure out at what point in boot-up the game goes "Hey, are you legit?" and what memory file is used to store the answer "Yes" or "No".

This probably cannot be done through hex-matching. Hex memory is USUALLY randomized, which means everytime you boot the game, identical things could have different addresses; at least, a lot of games work like this right now, as a way to prevent hacking because a single guy spread the address you have to change. However, if this does not apply to DS games, then more power to whoever finds this address.

THIRD PRIORITY: Find the event counter.

This should be as easy as running a memory check of all values. Scan again for UNCHANGED values, five or six times, to eliminate as much noise as possible. Then go into a house. Then scan for values that have gone up by 1 since the last scan. Leave the house. Scan for values that have gone up by 1 again. Repeat this a few times until you narrow it down to only a few values, and begin testing.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm not a hacker, just a noobling programmer. Those're my thoughts.

Reposting since it was lost on the last post of the page

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PK Strike said:
The deadline is apparently 12:01 AM EST. Or can we make it Pacific time for the sake of my asshole?

I'll be kind enough to agree to those terms.

I just better have that video in my box when I wake up in the morning.

gumgumthegum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PikaPerson01 said:
On an "unrelated to the patch, but related to keeping this topic less of a failpile" note:

Is it possible for someone to edit the first post with just a few lines of: "The game already works for such and such card" so people won't feel inclined to hop in here just to say whether or not there card is working?

im just wating for a ttds patch but ya they should do that

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drium said:
I've been reading this thread this page 50, and a lot of good and bad ideas have come up.

FIRST PRIORITY: Identify what it is that is making specific Flashcards make the game believe it is being run on a legit cart.

I cannot stress how that is probably the single biggest thing people should be looking at.

SECOND PRIORITY: Figure out at what point in boot-up the game goes "Hey, are you legit?" and what memory file is used to store the answer "Yes" or "No".

This probably cannot be done through hex-matching. Hex memory is USUALLY randomized, which means everytime you boot the game, identical things could have different addresses; at least, a lot of games work like this right now, as a way to prevent hacking because a single guy spread the address you have to change. However, if this does not apply to DS games, then more power to whoever finds this address.

THIRD PRIORITY: Find the event counter.

This should be as easy as running a memory check of all values. Scan again for UNCHANGED values, five or six times, to eliminate as much noise as possible. Then go into a house. Then scan for values that have gone up by 1 since the last scan. Leave the house. Scan for values that have gone up by 1 again. Repeat this a few times until you narrow it down to only a few values, and begin testing.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm not a hacker, just a noobling programmer. Those're my thoughts.

Very good post, thanks for sharing
biggrin.gif

Anyone know what's so special about Acekards that could make them appear like the real thing to the game? Do they emulate something that the others can't?

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gumgumthegum said:
PikaPerson01 said:

I agree with you, I'm mostly only caring for the NDSTT-working patch, as unintentionally selfish as that sounds.

hunt3rshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hawkus1 said:
A little off topic maybe , but i have a question about the pokewalker unit , and thought of something , could this random freezeup , have something/or anything to do with the ap checking for the pokewalker? Has any one been bold enough to dissasemble a cartridge and see if the cartridge has any additional part in it , that might be talking to the pokewalker? Also does any one know if a pokewalker will interface with a "pirated"copy?

Has anyone thought of this yet?

nvidia5500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a confirmation: I've tested this game on Edge 1.8(it works) but it seldom crashes for IEdge 1.8. I don't know the reason why.

mikeychunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaitoKojima said:
gumgumthegum said:
PikaPerson01 said:

I agree with you, I'm mostly only caring for the NDSTT-working patch, as unintentionally selfish as that sounds.

It's not selfish...everybody is waiting for their respective cards to work...
If only R4 came faster :*(

FantajiFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunt3rshadow said:
hawkus1 said:
A little off topic maybe , but i have a question about the pokewalker unit , and thought of something , could this random freezeup , have something/or anything to do with the ap checking for the pokewalker? Has any one been bold enough to dissasemble a cartridge and see if the cartridge has any additional part in it , that might be talking to the pokewalker? Also does any one know if a pokewalker will interface with a "pirated"copy?

Has anyone thought of this yet?

Since it works on some flash carts and not others, we've assumed it isn't something related to the IR communication with the pokewalker since no flashcart has IR capability (or anything that'd be mistaken for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...