Not open for further replies.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anacobra said:
Chawls said:
So what's the word guys? was that overlay the key?

DSlazy refuses to repack it properly with the overlay is gone, resulting in a useless 3MB NDS file.

re name overlays so they're in order and in could be any overlay to delete/modify

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could that overlay file be the key if it makes up for more than 90% of the rom? Or is that 90% all anti-piracy?

Chaozrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think that overlay is the right one. There's no way they could fit a proper game into 3 MB.
Anyone wanna go through the process of elimination as they might have tucked the AP away in one of the other overlay files?

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PK Strike said:
So... that one file is 125MB?????
Kind of no. First, the ROM image itself isn't 128mb. Second, it's probably the dummy code someone was talking about earlier.

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The overlay isn't that large, it just ignores the rest of the overlays with it gone.

I'm going to put a dummy overlay (that is, a blank file with nothing in it but the same name as the overlay) and see if it'll pack.

nyrjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only 20 bytes, it isn't most of the game...

Edit: good call anacobra, I was going to suggest that but I knew someone would figure to do it.

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
I dont think that overlay is the right one. There's no way they could fit a proper game into 3 MB.
Anyone wanna go through the process of elimination as they might have tucked the AP away in one of the other overlay files?

thats what i was thinking, but thats alot of overlay files to look through

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anacobra said:
The overlay isn't that large, it just ignores the rest of the overlays with it gone.

I'm going to put a dummy overlay (that is, a blank file with nothing in it but the same name as the overlay) and see if it'll pack.
if it still doesn't pack fill the dummy with 00s so its the same size

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anacobra said:

Trying this as well

Tom133t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lack the technical skills to implement a fix like this, but perhaps this could work -
Pokemon HG and SS crash after 24 (or 22?) events, right? If this is a fixed number, instead of totally disabling the AP, why not increase the number of requisite events? Set it to some crazy-high number, like 6000, or something. The address that controls the event counter could probably be found fairly easily using a > / < cheat finder. If somebody could patch the event counter address like that, the freeze limit would never be achieved during the course of a normal gameplay session, and would not cause any more freezes.

Is this a dumb idea, or could it work?

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tom133t said:
I lack the technical skills to implement a fix like this, but perhaps this could work -
Pokemon HG and SS crash after 24 (or 22?) events, right? If this is a fixed number, instead of totally disabling the AP, why not increase the number of requisite events? Set it to some crazy-high number, like 6000, or something. The address that controls the event counter could probably be found fairly easily using a > / < cheat finder. If somebody could patch the event counter address like that, the freeze limit would never be achieved during the course of a normal gameplay session, and would not cause any more freezes.

Is this a dumb idea, or could it work?
good idea but not as easy to do as it sounds.

EDIT:
did you fill the dummy with 00's Anacobra to make it the same size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pretty cool actually