Not open for further replies.

Mechachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno... I don't believe that "xx events" thing. It seems pretty random to me >.< I've had it happen after 1-2 and then way more than 25, as well as my friend having the same.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a notice for everyone all testing I have done has all been at the major trouble spot which is goldenrod city right after the 3rd badge it makes it so freezes happen every 3-6 events Usually 4 events including the load and a save and its all been on my DSTT with Unofficial a12 as the firmware and i try with DMA on and off before i post any results

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mechachu said:
I dunno... I don't believe that "xx events" thing. It seems pretty random to me >.< I've had it happen after 1-2 and then way more than 25, as well as my friend having the same.

Yes but if he can get past 21-24 actions than we are definitely on to something.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rvd42387 said:
Just a notice for everyone all testing I have done has all been at the major trouble spot which is goldenrod city right after the 3rd badge it makes it so freezes happen every 3-6 events Usually 4 events including the load and a save and its all been on my DSTT with Unofficial a12 as the firmware and i try with DMA on and off before i post any results

I'm not sure I follow you. You are saying that you have been fine up until the 3rd badge and will let us know of any freezing?

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea.. the best place to check it at is at goldenrod after the gym.
I am absolutely sure it only takes 2 events in-game before the thing will freeze..
i resetted about 10 times before giving up..

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it does seem a bit odd doesn't it, cheeseburger face? I suspect it's only a matter of time, even though the conversation hasn't gotten out of hand yet.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
The cake is a lie after going in and out of my house 21 times it blacked screend, I suspect its just the arm7 patch

We already tried patching arm7 with what I believe to be a D/P arm 7. But I don't know.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtenma said:
rvd42387 said:

I'm not sure I follow you. You are saying that you have been fine up until the 3rd badge and will let us know of any freezing?

No I played through on the Japanese version actually and got to the end of the 2nd gym then got up to goldenrod after a few saves and freezes got the 3rd badge and after that it was made almost unplayable. Earlier today in the 50 page thread we determined the AP goes into hyperdrive after that point

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
when the game freezes, the ARM9 stops dead over while the ARM7 continues. (Viewing Disassembly in Desmume x64)

In english please.
wacko.gif

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtenma said:
Rockstar said:
The cake is a lie after going in and out of my house 21 times it blacked screend, I suspect its just the arm7 patch

We already tried patching arm7 with what I believe to be a D/P arm 7. But I don't know.

Arm7 has been patched with the JP arm 7 the Plat arm7 and the D/P arm7 and NONE of them worked

CeroCHAOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtenma said:
Squall Leonhart said:
when the game freezes, the ARM9 stops dead over while the ARM7 continues. (Viewing Disassembly in Desmume x64)

In english please.
wacko.gif

More or less, one process is killed while another is still running. Think of it as something similar to playing a game on the PC, when you close out of it, it still runs in the background. One thing actually stops, but not completely, only part of it stops.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking it's the point right when you beat Whitney when the AP kicks in?
So.. if we were to skip Whitney and go on with the game, is it possible to just keep playing?
The freeze will still occur.. but i'm ok if it's every 15 minutes.. but not every 2 events post-Whitney..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh you meant the game. Scratch what I said earlier