Pokemon HG Communication Error

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ethevion, Oct 6, 2012.

Oct 6, 2012

Pokemon HG Communication Error by Ethevion at 6:50 PM (1,298 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Ethevion
    OP

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    I'm trying to trade Pokemon using the Union Room from HeartGold to SoulSilver. When I enter the room, the first DS is fine, the second one gets a blue screen upon entry that gives a communication error. Both games are on an Acekard 2i and Pokesav has been used to edit some Pokemon in the game. I've been googling for a while and haven't found anything that can help. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    As i know, communication error occurs because 2 or more devices are set to 1 IP and then conflicting.
    Make port forwarinding with the 2 DS-s and make the IP different.
    If ur PC IP is 197.205.1.5 set the IP for the first DS 197.205.1.XX and for the second 197.205.1.XX
    The XX is a random number.

To change the IP on the DS you need to make a connection with the DS and then change the settings of it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ethevion
    OP

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    Issue has been fixed, thanks for the help.

4. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I'm glad it helped ^^

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You might want to post how you fixed the problem, in case somebody else with the same problem finds this thread on Google.

I somehow don't think this applies to local wireless communications.
    If he said he was trying to trade over Wi-Fi, then I could see a problem with conflicting IP addresses, but in local wireless?