Johnnycentral1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all I have a quick question.

I know you can use godmode 9 to copy GBA CIA games save files to your sd card to export to your computer.

Is there anyway to export DS CIA games save files to your sd card? (without the game cartridge in the system)

Trying to export my Heartgold save file to edit it on the computer then put it back in my 3ds.

PS: Checkpoint is only showing 3ds games none of the DS Cia games i put on my 3ds.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all I have a quick question.

I know you can use godmode 9 to copy GBA CIA games save files to your sd card to export to your computer.

Is there anyway to export DS CIA games save files to your sd card? (without the game cartridge in the system)

Trying to export my Heartgold save file to edit it on the computer then put it back in my 3ds.

PS: Checkpoint is only showing 3ds games none of the DS Cia games i put on my 3ds.
Ds games can never be converted to cia

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a rom, the save will either be in the same location as the rom (where you scanned when making the forwarder) or in a folder called saves inside the folder with your roms. though, I think the latter is only for twilight menu.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play DS games you need TWLMenu++, mo other way around it. You use a homebrew app that forwards DS titles to your home menu but it relies on TWLMenu, and your saves are on the folder on your sd card.

Reactions: Hayato213

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, if you use a flash cart, the saves can go in the same folder as the rom, but I think if using bootstrap, they go in a folder named saves within the folder with your roms. I think it changed at some point. I'm not sure if the original location still works or not, but that's how I have it, and saves work:

upload_2021-8-23_18-40-43.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi