ROM Hack Pokémon Hack Screening Thread

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but i cant find any program to hack heart gold i look google and youtube
Why did you ask if you don't even know how t....
I'm just not even gonna go there.
PHF, your ridiculous posts are crowding up this thread when some people actually want to post hacks and say something actually related to this thread. This is NOT a thread to ask for tools on how to hack the games. You also didn't search hard enough as this was the second link that showed up when I searched for tools: http://www.pokemon-legendary.com/downloads/logiciels_NDS.html
Like we said before, if you can't do the work you shouldn't be hacking games in the first place. Please start treating this thread and the people working it with respect.

Reactions: 6 people

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
but i cant find any program to hack heart gold i look google and youtube

Just give up. You've shown that you are completely incapable of even finding the tools to hack roms. What hope do you have when you actually try to hack the rom?

Reactions: 1 person

RedAlteisen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, Gbatemp users. I’m RedAlteisen, and I want to present my HackRom, Pokémon Special Edition, to you. This is my very first hack.

Pokemon Special Edition

pokemonspecialeditionlo.png

The main goal of this hack is to give the Pokemon Manga fans an adventure purely based on the Manga, facing it’s characters as the Gym Leaders, with an “Original” Story.
The Unova region has only one of it’s old leaders, as all of them have left the region, leaving their Gyms to the strongest trainers of all time, those who’re called the Dex Holders.
I also want to make this a 649 hack. However, that’ll be in a later release, as this is only the first version I’m releasing
So, is this just a Sprite hack? Whatever. Later, Pokétard…
Hold on. This is not simply a sprite Hack Rom. Everything on it has been edited, from Text to Trainers, Leaders, Wild Pokémon and even the way some Pokémon evolve. Basically, this hack rom is a little below some of the strongest hacks, like BB and WW, but that’s because of my lack of experience.

I will now post the main features of this Hack Rom. Please, give it a try and tell me what do you think about it. I’d really like to improve this hack, as I am a great fan of both videogame and manga, so please, try and comment.

Features:
-This is a “Clean” hack-rom. This means there are no changes in the Pokémon stats or the moves they can learn. It is like that because it was meant to keep the feeling of playing an original, well-based Pokémon Adventure.
-Many Pokémon now evolve at different levels or in different ways. However, you won’t need to exchange your Pokémon to evolve them. Every single Pokémon can now be obtained by playing normally through the game. Some of them evolve a LOT sooner than before, so you can reach their final stage sooner.
-The trainers and Wild Pokémon have been heavily edited. But don’t expect to see normal trainers with 4-6 pokémon. That’s very rare in this hack. However, the Dex Holders are NOT like that. From the second gym, every Leader will have 6 strong Pokémon, being the first gym with just 4 pokémon per Leader. Rare wild Pokémon can be found since the beginning of the adventure.
-A “new” story. Purely based on Hidenori Kusaka’s manga, I’ve “created” this story, which is slightly different from the original adventure. Cheren and Bianca are no longer your rivals. Instead, you’ll face Hugh, the rival from B2/W2 and White, who is completely based on the Manga.

-Changelog:
Version 1.0 First Release
-ALL text edited. Wild Pokémon and Trainers edited up to Ghetsis battle. No post-game yet, but the champion and the elite four have been fully edited.
-Wild Pokemon Edited. Shaking grass up to Route 3. Surfing and fishing not yet.
-Mugshots Edited
-Battle Sprites Edited
-Overworld fully completed.

Once I complete the Overworlds for the remaining characters, which are only a few, I'll upload a patch, proper screenshots and other stuff.

I'll continue uploading info on this post.

A few Screenshots:
53459074.png
marlons.png
95987300.png
77098095.png
waaix.png
49952307.png

Download link:

RedAlteisen

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, Black-Ice. I expect this hack to be released soon enough. Do you know how many time do I have to wait to have permission for my own topic after releasing a patch?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Black-Ice. I expect this hack to be released soon enough. Do you know how many time do I have to wait to have permission for my own topic after releasing a patch?
Enough time for the team to make a judgement based on certain things, don't worry, you seem like you know what you're doing so its shouldn't be too long hopefully ^_^

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a few little questions.
-This is a “Clean” hack-rom. This means there are no changes in the Pokémon stats or the moves they can learn. It is like that because it was meant to keep the feeling of playing an original, well-based Pokémon Adventure.
-The trainers and Wild Pokémon have been heavily edited.
How have you "heavily" edited the wild Pokemon and yet haven't changed their stats or moves? Do you mean just level-wise?

-Many Pokémon now evolve at different levels or in different ways. However, you won’t need to exchange your Pokémon to evolve them. Every single Pokémon can now be obtained by playing normally through the game. Some of them evolve a LOT sooner than before, so you can reach their final stage sooner.
As much as I like the idea of getting the final stage sooner, the reason Nintendo makes them evolve at the level they do is because of the moves the lower evolutions can learn before they evolve. If you make them evolve sooner it limits the moves the Pokemon can learn, or at least prolongs the Pokemon from learning the moves. (ex. Squirtle will learn a move every 3rd level, Wartortle once it reaches level 16 will learn a move every 4th level, and Blastoise is kind of all over the place :/ ) Is there some way you think you could level this out?

tl;dr Evolving the Pokemon sooner messes with the move-sets. Do you think there is a way to level this out?

RedAlteisen

Trophies
XP
Country
Castiel, first of all, thank you for being interested on this hack rom. I really appreciate it (sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain)

"Heavily edited" was meant for what I consider a "great" rise on the wild pokémon levels. I didn't mean to say that I had changed movepool or stats.

As or the evolution topic, I agree. It can be a little confusing. If you like, I could upload the whole evolution changes, so the player can decide when to evolve a Pokémon if he wants it to learn a certain move. Please tell me what do you think about this idea.

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As or the evolution topic, I agree. It can be a little confusing. If you like, I could upload the whole evolution changes, so the player can decide when to evolve a Pokémon if he wants it to learn a certain move. Please tell me what do you think about this idea.
That could work :)

RedAlteisen

Trophies
XP
Country
That could work :)

Okay. I'll upload a .txt file with the new evolution levels alongside the patch. If everything goes as I want it to, I should have a patch available in 1-2 days. I need to find a few decent overworlds.

If anyone wants to help, I need overworlds of Red, Blue(female) and Yellow. Thank you all.

EDIT: Don't need them anymore. Patch should be coming soon. I'll doublepost so everyone knows.

RedAlteisen

Trophies
XP
Country
Patch Is finally available!

I have uploaded it to mediafire. Should I put here the link, or do I have to wait until I have permission to start my own thread?

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow. Nice job mods (or whoever had this idea), it was getting out of control, especially seing only fake "please help me/ I'm looking for xxx" threads or those where the so-called lead only ever release a meager patch and disappear from the forums...

Congrats. May the Force be with you to wipe off those poketards ! ^^

Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po