Homebrew Pokémon GBA roms and 3ds

BokuNoPika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to complete the pokedex by catching all pokemons on every edition (except the remakes like heartgold). How can I play pokemon ruby/sapphire/emerald on my 3ds? There is a GBA converter online that converts gba roms into .cia files but do the save files still work when I convert them to .cia? It's kind of confusing. Also another question, do the VC Pokemon games in the eshop only offer the english language or other languages as well?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Injecting ROMs into Virtual Console: New Super Ultimate Injector.
  • GBA games run not inside an emulator and there is (as far as I know) no way to connect them to each other on a 3DS. Injecting and backing up GBA saves is a little tricky/some work: [The Guide] Backup GBA VC Saves or if you prefer: Sichern von GBA VC Spieleständen.
  • The official re-releases of Pokémon generation 1 and 2 are patched in a way that you can connect via WiFi (emulating the GB link cable). If I remember correctly there were some patches (don't know where) to bring this feature to the "normal" old GB(C) ROMs and inject these with the Ultimate Injector.
The Virtual Console re-releases of Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold and Crystal are (except for WiFi trading patch) just the original GB(C) versions - including glitches like Trainer-Fly/Mew glitch, MissingNo…
The old Game Boy games contained only one language (I think technical limitation; ROM size). On the eShop (at least in the European) you can choose from several languages – but each language is a separate title (you would have to pay twice for the same game in two languages).

Nintendo even sold shiny boxes containing nothing but air and a download code. This clearly shows there is more than only English language available:
Pokemon_empty_boxes.jpg
(Sorry for the weird angle of this pciture. Taking a photo directly from above showed only reflections)

Reactions: BokuNoPika

BokuNoPika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Injecting ROMs into Virtual Console: .
  • GBA games run not inside an emulator and there is (as far as I know) no way to connect them to each other on a 3DS. Injecting and backing up GBA saves is a little tricky/some work: or if you prefer:
  • The official re-releases of Pokémon generation 1 and 2 are patched in a way that you can connect via WiFi (emulating the GB link cable). If I remember correctly there were some patches (don't know where) to bring this feature to the "normal" old GB(C) ROMs and inject these with the Ultimate Injector.
The Virtual Console re-releases of Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold and Crystal are (except for WiFi trading patch) just the original GB(C) versions - including glitches like Trainer-Fly/Mew glitch, MissingNo…
The old Game Boy games contained only one language (I think technical limitation; ROM size). On the eShop (at least in the European) you can choose from several languages – but each language is a separate title (you would have to pay twice for the same game in two languages).

Nintendo even sold shiny boxes containing nothing but air and a download code. This clearly shows there is more than only English language available:
View attachment 167323
(Sorry for the weird angle of this pciture. Taking a photo directly from above showed only reflections)

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot on my journey to complete my pokedex! I appreciate it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1