ROM Hack Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I want to thank you for at least taking some interest in this. I would like to point out that this isn't meant to "compete" with any other Platinum Hack on the internet. Rather, it is meant to provide a new and possibly fun experience. Now, onto the information.

FlawlessPlatinumLogoTrans_zps0e636fc8.png

Hack of: Pokemon Platinum (U)
Most Recent Version: 3.1 (December 31, 2014)
Download: Link

Changes with the new patch are listed in the Changelog document.

Features:
003_zps36a05ee7.png
National Dex given at the start​
As far as I know, Flawless Platinum is the first publicly available Platinum hack in which the player is given the National Dex at the start. This means that you no longer have to see every Pokémon in Sinnoh to do the post-game.

001_zps5789c7da.png
010_zps2b62b62c.png
Pokémon have been edited.​
Like most 386, 493, and 649 hacks, the base stats, types, movesets, evolution means, and abilities of some Pokemon have been altered. I will admit, many of these were inspired by other hacks. Not all of them, however, were done in that regard, such as the type change pictured. All trade evolutions have been edited and all happiness evolutions have been changed to levels.

006_zps7e2e4cf2.png
007_zps056e8494.png
015_zpsfa7d93f9.png
All trainers have been edited​
Well, except one. Other than that, all battles were edited and all non-legendary Pokémon can be seen before the Elite Four without Team Galactic.

002_zpsfa9a2137.png
005_zpsed59d125.png
Wild Pokémon have been changed​
This wouldn't be a 493 hack without changing wild Pokémon. All unevolved Pokémon can be obtained one way or another, mostly through wild encounters

011_zps64fd80a6.png
009_zps4dd939d1.png
Pokémon found through non-traditional means have been edited.​
This includes the Trophy Garden, the Great Marsh, and Poké Radar Pokémon (Which is how you get the starters and things like the Electrode above). However, this does not include GBA insertion Pokémon (For obvious reasons) and Swarm Pokémon (Which cannot be edited).

004_zpsda94fcc1.png
018_zps986cebf2.png
Certain NPC's will give you rare or useful items​
These include the Poké Radar, Evolution Stones, Fossils, and TM's.

016_zps0f5f0b5a.png
021_zpsd977013e.png
022_zpse6bef6b4.png
All Overworld Pokémon have had their levels increased.​
Basically, if it can be otained in the overworld, it's at a higher level. This includes Gift Pokémon, aside from your starter.

017_zpse50e5004.png
020_zps17308aa2.png
No more Roaming Pokémon​
You are no longer required to chase after any Pokémon for hours. You can now spend hours trying to catch them while they don't move!

019_zpsbbf4db0b.png
All Legendary Pokémon can be found across Sinnoh​
Though this image does not show it (Since that would reveal the exact location of at least one Legendary), you can find all Legendary Pokémon sitting in the Overworld. The above image shows which ones are obtainable prior to beating the Elite Four.

013_zps309795fe.png
008_zpsd19c88d3.png
Certain events are doable without any specific items or Pokémon​
You are able to access Rotom's forms and the Regis without the Secret Key or Event Regigigas. Also, the three event items from DP are obtainable in-game.

FAQ:
Why should I play your hack over another?
Well, I honestly don't know. I'm a new face to the hacking scene, so the experience from this might be a bit different. Also the fact that no two hacks are exactly the same comes to mind.

You mentioned that you had many things inspired by other hacks. Did you just copy everything?
A little bit for some things. Otherwise, I simply looked at some of the ideas other people had and worked with them.

How far is the editing and will I have to wait for another version of this to complete it?
Aside from bug fixes and minor updates, the version of this hack that is available is complete. You can play the game from start to finish without having to stop at a certain place unless an uncaught bug prevents you from advancing.

What are the starters for this hack?
They remain unchanged from the Vanilla game.

Where can I catch/see X?
There is a document for Wild Pokémon and trainer battles enclosed with the patch

Bugs:
Waitthatsnotright_zps64e6af49.png
(Yes, this is an actual bug that I encountered and actually left in because it was funny, correcting it caused problems elsewhere, and it doesn't affect playing the game whatsoever.)​
-Trainers like Twins have strange names because of a bug that is unfixable.​
-For some reason, wiping after getting the bike without healing anywhere else causes you to be sent to Eterna City. Currently looking into a fix.​
Tools used:
PPRE 0.12 and 0.14
WPEDS
HTPE
SGPE
TGPE
DPTrade
.btx Editor

Credits:
The creators of all of those tools
Drayano for inspiring me to start this project with Blaze Black and Volt White
You for at least taking the time to look at this

Please, tell me of any sort of bug or error, no matter how minor it is. They may not necessarily get fixed immediately, but I want this to be as bug free as possible.

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a bug, Cycling Road and the route under it black out on me. I use the Acekard 2.1.
I've tested it with the latest patch, and it shouldn't do that. However, I have not tested it with an Acekard so that could be the source of the problem. If you haven't already, try downloading v1.4. If it works, great. If it doesn't, I'm not really sure how to fix that because then its related to the Acekard.

Quick status update on the next big release. I'm currently playtesting the increased difficulty patch, and I should hopefully have it up within the next week or two.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested it with the latest patch, and it shouldn't do that. However, I have not tested it with an Acekard so that could be the source of the problem. If you haven't already, try downloading v1.4. If it works, great. If it doesn't, I'm not really sure how to fix that because then its related to the Acekard.

Quick status update on the next big release. I'm currently playtesting the increased difficulty patch, and I should hopefully have it up within the next week or two.

That's probably it, I'm not playing 1.4. I've also noticed that the name of the Twins trainer class gets mangled into gibberish with my character's name at the end, which is probably also a pre-1.4 problem.

Any idea whether cheats work or not? Some ROM hacks get broken if you try to cheat.

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably it, I'm not playing 1.4. I've also noticed that the name of the Twins trainer class gets mangled into gibberish with my character's name at the end, which is probably also a pre-1.4 problem.

Any idea whether cheats work or not? Some ROM hacks get broken if you try to cheat.
I'm fairly certain cheats work. At the very least, walk through walls, repel, and 100% capture rate work. As for the twins, that was a glitch that occurred while doing some things that I actually cannot fix. It doesn't affect the game, so it's not that big of a deal.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I'm using right now seems to work great, so I should hopefully be able to complete the whole game.

Tahmid Islam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Draknir, ive got to the 5th gym just wanna say that your game is awesome, thanks for putting in all the hard work, btw i have a budew, does it still evolve by happiness into roselia, or is there a specific lvl when it evolves? thanks :)

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Draknir, ive got to the 5th gym just wanna say that your game is awesome, thanks for putting in all the hard work, btw i have a budew, does it still evolve by happiness into roselia, or is there a specific lvl when it evolves? thanks :)

It evolves at level 10 in this. Thank you for liking this, by the way.

cdar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, playing this hack currently and I've run into a bit of an issue with evolving my Scyther. I got myself a metal coat off Iron Island and put it on my Scyther in order to evolve it (since the "Pokemon changes" file states that it works like that in this hack) and neither the level up to 41 nor the one to 42 have have caused it to evolve. The version I am using is 2.0 and I patched the rom mentioned in the patching instructions using DeltaPatcherLite (playing on normal mode if that matters).

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, playing this hack currently and I've run into a bit of an issue with evolving my Scyther. I got myself a metal coat off Iron Island and put it on my Scyther in order to evolve it (since the "Pokemon changes" file states that it works like that in this hack) and neither the level up to 41 nor the one to 42 have have caused it to evolve. The version I am using is 2.0 and I patched the rom mentioned in the patching instructions using DeltaPatcherLite (playing on normal mode if that matters).

Okay, that was a mistake on my part. Had to set up two different evolution methods for Scizor, but they ended up being the same (Leveling it up at night with a Metal Coat). I've fixed it, though. If you don't want to download a new patch, you can just level it up at night. That will work.

cdar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, that was a mistake on my part. Had to set up two different evolution methods for Scizor, but they ended up being the same (Leveling it up at night with a Metal Coat). I've fixed it, though. If you don't want to download a new patch, you can just level it up at night. That will work.
Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

Draknir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to make a note here saying that I am currently working on an update of Flawless Platinum that should be released in the next couple of days.

Things included:
Minor bug fixes
Updates based upon X and Y (Attacks and Pokemon)

Its that last thing that's keeping me from releasing it now, especially the updating of attacks.

As much as I would love to, the Fairy Type, or rather the reworking of the ??? type to make it basically Fairy, will not be done for Flawless Platinum. Since no moves that deal damage were changed to it, I would basically be wasting time as its #1 reason for creation was to curb the power of Dragons.

Luis Alejandro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
luisbelmontshow.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I had downloaded the wrong link to update the files I have on the R4, so problem solved. I LOVE this hack.

BTW: You think you can add Generation 1-3 Gym Leaders, Rivals, Team Magma/Aqua/Rocket/Galactic Executives, the Elite 4 AND CHAMPIONS as THE BOSS RUSH, just to make the aftergame more fun and challenging? You should ask Drayano how you can add that feature to your game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: