Pokemon Fire Red Problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Cheeseman001, Jan 18, 2010.

Jan 18, 2010

Pokemon Fire Red Problem by Cheeseman001 at 4:18 AM (1,377 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Cheeseman001
    OP

Newcomer Cheeseman001 Newbie

United States
    Hello there I've seem to run into some trouble here.

Let me start from the beginning tho. A few months ago I found out that my copy of Fire Red was unfortunately a bootleg. Well I extracted the .sav file from it using the GBA backup tool for a slot 2 device. The save LOOKS ok it came out to 128k

This is where the problem starts

I have renamed the save and I am trying to dump the save onto a legitimate copy Fire Red but to no luck when I start the game all it says is the save game has been deleted. Also The save does not work with visual gameboy advance.

So my question is should I just give up on trying to import my save or is there something that I can do to make the save I got off the bootleg game work on a legitimate cartridge

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Post the save here and I'll take a look at.

3. Cheeseman001
    OP

United States
  4. Cheeseman001
    OP

United States
    I've tried writing the .sav file with Eepinator and GBA backup tool 0.21 with no luck the .sav just wont stick to the legitimate cartridge

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I've tried that save with both the US and EU versions of Fire Red, and I also tried fixing it in case it was actually supposed to be a 64KB save (I figured the counterfiet version might have been hacked to use a cheaper save type), but I couldn't get it working. At this point I'm thinking that the GBA backup tool didn't back the save data up correctly.

You should try dumping the save with a different program. There is Chishm's cart_save program, but it will only work on a couple of slot 2 flashcarts. I think Eepinator also has some limited GBA save functionality.

6. Cheeseman001
    OP

United States
    Hey thanks for the help I think I'm just going to have to start new. The only reason that I wanted to save this save is because I got a shiny on it thats like a 1 in 8000 chance