Hardware Pokemon Fire Red\Leaf Green Supercard Saves

thanamesjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first off, it seems like this is a fairly common problem according to google. I've searched all over, just haven't found any solid answers. The frustrating thing is I keep finding results on gbatemp, but I guess the posts have been deleted.

Basically, for the most part my save is working. However when I go to load my game it tells me the save file is corrupted, but then I bypass it, and everything works fine. The only reason I bring it up is I've heard of people playing to the elite 4, and then the game bombing out on them, and I don't want that to happen to me, I want to fully complete the game. So does anyone know if this error message will affect me? If so how can I go about fixing it? I appreciate it!

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've not tested it myself so keep it conditional...
From what I know :
Pokemon FR and LG have 1024kb (128ko) flash game save.
Games should be patched in order for the game to save on SRAM (as it's where flash cards saves)
Patch only exists for 512kb (64ko) (unless you have an ez 3in1)
Pokemon keeps the last save and the previous one (each save is 512kb) so with the patch one save is stored instead of two hence you get a 'save corrupted' message but your save is still working.

The elite 4 problem apply to people playing on emulators, they weren't able to save in game so they use realtime save (save state) instead... but when beating the elite 4, the game reset just after saving ingame so they were screwed (link).

So I think you will be able to continue after elite 4 as you're playing on supercard, not emulator

thanamesjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I really appreciate you actually explaining the problem, that helps out a lot. Anyways, it sounds like I'll be ok. I hope so, if not then I guess oh well! There's only way way to find out. Appreciate it buddy.

Reactions: AhsanMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.