Misc Pokemon Cheaters Banned

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not believe banning is an answer to anything. sure, it keeps out people who cheated once, and it is an efficient punishment, but that's like shooting a speeder on sight in my opinion.

I believe that one should rather ban all "unfair" pokémon (pokémon too powerful to obtain legitimately) from online and wi-fi battles (the pokémon, not the trainers) as well as not allowing obviously "cheated" pokémon in trades.

This way, one could anihilate all harm while not punishing people too harshly for some minor offenses.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so stupid, they're just pokemon its not like they are real

Cheating in WoW ( or any other MMORPG for that matter ) is done different and is even more pervertic than some stupid CS:S n00b running around with a pokemon cheat. Those are cry-babies and dealing with them is like banning people with dirty faces from a clean room while all the rest is trampling in with shoes full of dirt.

It's okay that they try to do something but banning "obvious" cheaters which every idiot on the surface of earth notices and will not play against is hardly any valuable anti-cheat mentality. Reminds me a lot on VAC/Punkbuster: lots of hot vapour and nothing behind it... especially nothing noteworthy.

Anti-Cheat has anyways to be done on the software level and not the hardware ( aka wifi ) level. This is just big time bullshit to make yourself look better than you are. Games which allow cheating already are doomed. No way to fix this with hardware level mugging around. It's like a hydra: kill a handfull of obvious cheaters just to gain a box full of new ones.

[/quote]

sounds like someone got banned

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
sweet...pokemon online sucks anyways.
bow.gif

jtroye32 said:
Looks like someone needs to learn how to use quote tags
nyanya.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not believe banning is an answer to anything. sure, it keeps out people who cheated once, and it is an efficient punishment, but that's like shooting a speeder on sight in my opinion.
On the contrary, banning users is the best idea. It's a deterrent to some other players who may be considering cheating, they won't bother if they think they'll get banned.

Also here's a thought: is it possible to cheat on a legal DS cartridge of the game? (I know nothing about Pokemon, action replay, gamesharks and the suchlike). If not, then banning all cheaters = banning pirate game users, which from Nintendo's POV is a fantastic idea.

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A better plan would have been to send all the cheaters to a different server.

Diablo 2 styley?

That's a good point, but it would require a fair effort on Ninty's part, and i think banning is faster and fairer.

So, they're banning all wifi connectivity? Not just GTS, but trading/battling too?

Unfortunately, i would guess it's all too easy to use pokesav to make a believable pokemon (since you can edit box poke's).

So.. does this mean that people who've bought the game now can't play it if they cheat? (forgive me for also being a noob on this subject, but i'm assuming the Action Replay thing is something that goes between the Cart and Slot-1?)

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A better plan would have been to send all the cheaters to a different server.

Diablo 2 styley?

That's a good point, but it would require a fair effort on Ninty's part, and i think banning is faster and fairer.

So, they're banning all wifi connectivity? Not just GTS, but trading/battling too?

Unfortunately, i would guess it's all too easy to use pokesav to make a believable pokemon (since you can edit box poke's).

So.. does this mean that people who've bought the game now can't play it if they cheat? (forgive me for also being a noob on this subject, but i'm assuming the Action Replay thing is something that goes between the Cart and Slot-1?)

yes nintendo bans your friend code, of course the work around is you start all over again lol, if you delete your save game you will get a new friend code when you connect the same for flash carts, except with a flash cart you can back up your save before you go online, so if they do ban your friend code you can just get yourself a new one with the save file that you had before you went online.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

QUOTE said:
Cheating in WoW ( or any other MMORPG for that matter ) is done different and is even more pervertic than some stupid CS:S n00b running around with a pokemon cheat. Those are cry-babies and dealing with them is like banning people with dirty faces from a clean room while all the rest is trampling in with shoes full of dirt.

It's okay that they try to do something but banning "obvious" cheaters which every idiot on the surface of earth notices and will not play against is hardly any valuable anti-cheat mentality. Reminds me a lot on VAC/Punkbuster: lots of hot vapour and nothing behind it... especially nothing noteworthy.

Anti-Cheat has anyways to be done on the software level and not the hardware ( aka wifi ) level. This is just big time bullshit to make yourself look better than you are. Games which allow cheating already are doomed. No way to fix this with hardware level mugging around. It's like a hydra: kill a handfull of obvious cheaters just to gain a box full of new ones.

Sounds like somebody knowing about game development and how cheating is done ( simply because to fight cheating you have to know how cheating is done ).
wink.gif

Sneakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best possible soloution=Kill Slot-1/2 (or 3 :wtf:) Device users, is it possible I have no clue, but given the fact that this IS Gbatemp and most of us here DO have an Flash cart of somesort, causing most of us to be playing Pokemon on said flash cart (not me =) this would spell doom for most of yahz ....

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@sneakz: afaik, they can't ban flashcart users because there's no way to identify them vs a real cart.

On the contrary, banning users is the best idea. It's a deterrent to some other players who may be considering cheating, they won't bother if they think they'll get banned.

Also here's a thought: is it possible to cheat on a legal DS cartridge of the game? (I know nothing about Pokemon, action replay, gamesharks and the suchlike). If not, then banning all cheaters = banning pirate game users, which from Nintendo's POV is a fantastic idea.
It's VERY easy to cheat on a legit cart, that's what an Action Reaply does. Two seconds on google and you could have figured that out for yourself >_>

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
All Nintendo have to do is come on to GBAtemp and find the pokesav topic. Then all they have to do is ban all the people(the ones that show their friend codes) who have used pokesav for cheating on Wi-Fi.

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I hope they follow suite with other Wi-Fi games, all this cheating completely destroys the point of Nintendo WFC, I don't really care too much about Pokemon, but in stuff like Mario Kart its well annoying.

VERY. Them cheaters should be skinned alive, have their eyeballs plucked out and showered with salt, then fed to the pgis.

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country

Banned and bitter.

[/quote]

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country

[/quote]

Banned and bitter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: