ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested the N battle in Clean, and sure enough the Rotom are all in their base form. Did damage tests too. Possibly a bug exclusive to Clean, since I got that twice now.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Double post, but it's been 6 months since the last update. And Cheren still has the wrong monkey if you picked Tepig.
That might actually be canon now with the error in B2W2, heh. But sure, I'll likely be revamping some trainers soon anyway.

Hey Dray, any ideas for Blaze Black 2 / Volt White 2 ?
It's probably quite likely at this point, yeah, though I don't want to do anything too extensive until the English version is out. I hadn't actually thought of names for them but with the way everyone keeps calling it BB2VW2 I might as well just go with that, haha.

Dialogue bug: There's a trainer on Route 17 (Swimmer Joyce) who mentions having an Alomomola, but no longer has one. Either change her dialogue to say "my Pokémon" instead, or give her an Alomomola.

Sure, this can be fixed.
N team bug: Chargestone Cave N still has 6 basic Rotom instead of each form, which makes me believe that the bug is unfixable since you claim you fixed that. Perhaps give him a few of his "former Pokémon" from B2/W2?

Ah, this is a problem that's only on the Clean version that I never got around to fixing. I'll try and get around to it next time I do stuff with the game.

N team suggestion - Nacrene: In all versions of BB/VW, the Nacrene battle with N includes a Zorua... which happens to have itself as the disguise, making N much easier than he should be because you know that Zorua is in battle instead of having to guess. As such, Zorua should switch places with Tympole on his team.

Well, I kind of did that on purpose since I wanted Zorua to appear in its base form, although I suppose it'd give more of a spark if it were disguised. I'll consider it.

N team suggestion - N's Castle: Illusion problems again. Not only is Zoroark the lead, ruining Illusion completely, but its disguise as Zekrom/Reshiram is imperfect due to a different level and the lack of a Teravolt/Turboblaze message. I suggest moving Zekrom/Reshiram to the lead spot, Zoroark to the second spot, and replacing Magmortar/Electivire (formerly in the second spot) with a Cofagrigus placed in the sixth (and thus Illusion) spot. Zoroark disguising as something with Mummy could make the battle much more interesting.

This was also done on purpose as I was expecting people to realise it was an illusion. I probably won't change this particular one... also, I don't feel Cofagrigus fits N at all to be honest.
Skyla difficulty note: Skyla is ridiculously hard due to Flying-type moves being able to hit non-adjacent foes in triple battles. Perhaps a few moveset alterations are necessary.

Well, that was the point of it being a triple, although that said I'm probably going to be restoring single battles to the main boss fights next time I do an update.
Request for Clean versions: Since BB/VW Clean is supposed to be more true to B/W than Full, would it be possible to make all the major battles (rival, gym, Elite Four, Ghetsis) single battles in Clean, like they were in B/W? This is not recommended for Full because most people who play Full like the double and triple battles.

See above; this probably won't be an issue (although if it were to be then I'd probably agree with it tbh).
Request for Challenger's Cave: Challenger's Cave used its B/W encounter list for BB/VW v3 for some reason. Maybe because everything was already catchable before then? With all the weak stuff there, it's not actually a challenge. While you shouldn't go overboard on the cave's difficulty like you did in BB/VW v2, having Challenger's Cave as a legendary cave worked well. Just even out the encounter rates better so there aren't any 1% chances, and make every encounter around level 95 instead of (lol) low 40s. Remember, these hacks are supposed to make it easy to catch 'em all, not waiting 100 or so battles until the legendary shows up. This also means the Liberty Pass is no longer needed to catch 'em all.

I might well return to this, yeah, given I don't quite know how to place overworlds and script yet. I was expecting it to get a purpose in B2W2, but since it doesn't even exist there... yeah.
A request for a tiny little dialogue change: Clay still sends out a Krokorok right before Chargestone Cave, despite having a Krookodile in the gym battle. Since the scene itself can't change AFAIK, could the dialogue be changed to reflect this?

I was working on the assumption that Clay would probably have a Krokorok in reserve. Yeah, unfortunately there's no Krookodile overworld sprite so I can't change it directly, I'll see what I can do.
A version of the wild Pokémon file ordered by Pokémon instead of area would be great for completionists.

That's probably not going to happen; it's a lot of effort for something silly since people can just Ctrl + F particular species.
Oh, and don't forget to make all the basic-stage Pokémon catchable without breeding. I think a few were missing in v3.

I was kind of hoping I could force people to breed for pure completion... idk, I'll see.
Is Diamond in the game as a trainer??
Nope.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is in the game sort of, the post game trainers are all named after manga characters and have their manga teams. I clearly remember beating a Platina, Pearl, and Dia/Diamond trainer

Calliaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got this to work!

My computer is awful, and the game is kind of slow for me. But, it's extremely fun! Thank you so much for making this! :)

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAtemp Calliaster!

Oh, and I have one more dialogue bug: The first part of the Nacrene Gym puzzle no longer makes sense because the first trainer no longer has a Patrat. It will be easier to add a Patrat at the start of the team than hack the dialogue to fix this one.

Escobear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say that I truly love this hack with every fiber of my being. Everything from the diversity in the Pokemon that trainers have/in the wild, to the random yet insanely fun triple and rotation battles spread out to make for a nice change of pace and to add to the challenge. I had a particularly fun time facing Skyla, that triple battle was intense and I loved every second of it. This hack has rejuvenated the spark for Pokemon that I haven't had in many a year, so I sincerely thank you for the fun that you've given me with this.

Reactions: 1 person

typon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with the patching. I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I'm trying to run the bat files when my working ROM is in the patching station, but the patching applications are the gray boxes for non-compatible applications. I cant figure out how to run the patching station on a mac is my main problem. I have the BBVW versions 3.1 if that helps.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to run it on Desmume 0.9.8 if that helps. I've also tried downloading the pre-patched ROMs that are already equipped with the BBVW data, but those are .rar files, which aren't compatible with Desmume. If there is anyway to get this hack working on my Mac with Desmume, please provide your input ASAP. Thanks

SevilitheArcanin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a really annoying glitch, I wanna know if anyone else has had this problem.

I'm playing Volt White on my Supercard DSTWO. Whenever me or an opponent uses Absorb, it skips the animation, the inflicted Pokemon will flash as if it took damage, and the game will freeze. Sometimes the music also freezes, sometimes it doesn't. A similar problem happens with Leech Seed; whenever it is used, the normal seeding animation is shown, but when HP is sapped from the opponent the same problem happens as with Absorb, except the battle will continue except with glitched graphics. However, after the battle is over, the game will freeze on a black screen with no sound. I would assume this same problem happens when Mega Drain and Giga Drain are used, but I can't be sure since I have not yet seen a Pokemon with either of those moves. If Battle Scene is turned off in the Options than these moves can be executed without problem. Does this happen to anyone else? Could it just be a Supercard problem?

It's really an awesome hack, I'm loving every second of it (well, except for this glitch). I just really hate having to save in front of every trainer and patch of grass in fear that
I might fight a grass type.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='SevilitheArcanine']: Turn Battle Scene off, I guess. I'm a DSTWO user as well, and that's how I did it.

Also, as I posted in the SG/SS thread, I'll be away for the next two weeks, which unfortunately means no bug reporting. I hope to see some updates by the time I get back.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with the patching. I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I'm trying to run the bat files when my working ROM is in the patching station, but the patching applications are the gray boxes for non-compatible applications. I cant figure out how to run the patching station on a mac is my main problem. I have the BBVW versions 3.1 if that helps.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to run it on Desmume 0.9.8 if that helps. I've also tried downloading the pre-patched ROMs that are already equipped with the BBVW data, but those are .rar files, which aren't compatible with Desmume. If there is anyway to get this hack working on my Mac with Desmume, please provide your input ASAP. Thanks
You do realize .rar files are compressed files? Since you are using a Mac, double click the .rar file and the rom should appear in the same directory.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I haven't really played a Pokemon hack that advertises increased difficulty before, this hack won't make me tear my hair out in frustration, will it? Because I remember that in the original games, I had to pretty much grind in order to get certain Pokemon to a good level in order to face Gym Leaders, and while I thought it made for good challenge, the grinding wild pokemon got repetitive due to my having defeated all the trainers getting to the next city and the wild pokemon giving out low exp compared to trainer battles, and I don't want to have to do even more grinding just to stand a chance against Gym Leaders.

typon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the people who helped me. But whenever I click the .rar files, it just opens desmume and nothing happens. When I right click on it to look at my options, I have the option to compress it, so for some reason my .rar files are being looked at as already being decompressed. This is why im confused mostly, as i knew .rar was for a compressed file, yet i cant unzip or decompress it.

typon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't. Thanks. I'll get to that now. I didnt know that was necessary

EDIT: Downloaded an application for decompressing and it works now. Thanks for helping out another technologically deficient person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...