ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, maybe, I usually just take things into my own hands though. =p

edit: Creative time! I'm considering changing Razor Wind into some Attack boosting move for Flying types since a lot of them lack a good Attack boost. I can't change the animation so it'll still be a tornado, so I need an attack name that is based on a tornado/twister/hurricane etc that sounds like it'd boost something. Sorry if that's a little too specific, but any ideas?

edit 2: Alternatively, I could just make it mimic B/W's Hurricane, although the animation might look a bit odd since I think it'll use the first bit...
Well as long as it has the same drawback, like low accuracy, otherwise it'd be extremely broken

Skoll_21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm really enjoying this mod, however I can't seem to get the Dusk Stones from the girl in the house north of the lab on Route 6. She just says something about giving a Dusk Stone to her Lampent and it evolved but she doesn't give me anything :( I've checked my cluttered bag many times (damned game with no item box!) and I couldn't possibly have thrown them all away!

I've searched the thread and no one seems to have any issues getting the Dusk Stones. I've updated the mod version once or twice (currently using 3.1) while using the same save file, so maybe that's the cause.

BlacknYellowHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to patch, even if the game is XP patched?
And must it be American/English European?
Askin' for my friend, who is afraid of registering here xD

zymachi31

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone Help me please? I can't Load my Blaze black saved game. when i loaded it up only a white screen appears. what should i do?

Iceypunchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, haven't decided on Razor Wind yet. I might just keep it the same, I don't really know what to do on that front -p

Still haven't got a concrete release date, although the release is drawing VERY close now, I think... as I'm writing this post I've done all the Pokémon edits up to Floatzel. So I need to finish that off, then test that everything works, and I'll be releasing it! I might need to add one or two other events too since being a small project (in comparison to an actual game) I haven't got any feature freeze problems. :3

That said, I'm hoping people don't mind when I post the thread, Pokémon hacks have been clogging up the forum a lot lately o-o;

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They're both the same, the method of changing the EXP system frankly scared me since I'm unfamiliar with ASM and the advice given wasn't the whole thing so... yeah. >>; On the bright side, it saves me having to adjust the base experience of every single Pokémon to fit with the system; plus HG/SS doesn't go above 255 so it would have left some things like Chansey, Blissey and most of the legendaries capped.

TMs I did try to make them infinite but that didn't work either... I've basically just got them laid out normally but most of the useful TMs you'll be able to purchase quite easily. I believe you can get all of the TMs at least once in Johto or just after, though, since I put in a little bit of work rearranging everything. :x

RyanTimes

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! I've been trying to run this on my R4 (the first one, one any fancy edition), but I've been having some trouble. Using YSmenu I get an err=4 error, which has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but i can't see any fixes for it.

So i though i would try some different firmware, i tried Wood 1.09 (was marked as the latest for my card in the sticky here, but i think it's out of date now), all i got was a white screen after loading the file.

I then went and tried the default R4 firmware, which also just resulted in the same white screen as wood.

I don't think the EU rom files i'm using are different or corrupt, they both (i've tried black and white) patch with out any problems, i just have problems trying to run them.

I've searched through most of the thread and i can't see any solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions?

While i wait for replies i am going to try emulating it, just to see if it's perhaps the rom thats bad, not how i'm loading it.
EDIT: Works fine so far on Desmume, so i just need to find a fix to get it to run on my R4.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I've been trying to run this on my R4 (the first one, one any fancy edition), but I've been having some trouble. Using YSmenu I get an err=4 error, which has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but i can't see any fixes for it.

So i though i would try some different firmware, i tried Wood 1.09 (was marked as the latest for my card in the sticky here, but i think it's out of date now), all i got was a white screen after loading the file.

I then went and tried the default R4 firmware, which also just resulted in the same white screen as wood.

I don't think the EU rom files i'm using are different or corrupt, they both (i've tried black and white) patch with out any problems, i just have problems trying to run them.

I've searched through most of the thread and i can't see any solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions?

While i wait for replies i am going to try emulating it, just to see if it's perhaps the rom thats bad, not how i'm loading it.
It should run flawlessly on Wood, it might be the SD card that's the problem. I had a slow Klingston and it froze alot, but then I switched to a Samdisk and now everything runs flawlessly

RyanTimes

Trophies
XP
Country

It should run flawlessly on Wood, it might be the SD card that's the problem. I had a slow Klingston and it froze alot, but then I switched to a Samdisk and now everything runs flawlessly
Aha! I didn't think of that, i got my R4 and sd card years ago, so it might be quite old. I should probably get a new one so this doesn't happen in the future.

I did manage to get it working though, i just updated to the actual latest wood firmware, works perfectly so far!

So if you have err4 or white screen, update to the wood firmware!

RyanTimes

Trophies
XP
Country
I do have one more quick question! What exactly are the edits to the pokemon evolution methods? Do they evolve by level up now? Or through stones or what? There's a bit in the documentation about the changes, but they don't say what they are.

This information would be good to add to the documentation for new players to this hack!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed