Votes: 55 20.8%

• Total voters

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To everyone regarding the PWT freeze on the Supercard DSTWO I've come across a sort of fix. It's like the one thats already been said but more detailed.

Basically play pokemon Black/White 2 in clean mode on your supercard.
It may and probably will be terribly laggy.
Skip the start intros.
Then you'll probably get a black screen at the start screen but the music will still be playing in the background.
What you have to do is wait for the whole start screen music to play through fully (about 2 minutes), then the black screen will go and you'll be able to start the game.
Play through pokemon world tournament( it will be slow and laggy :/).
Save the game once you win, then switch back to patch mode.
Your problems should be solved! :)

If it dosen't work for you sorry I got your hopes up but it worked for me :)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
To be fair, the PWT Supercard issue is actually pretty big. Not only is it unavoidable, and not only does it require a workaround(which btw didn't even work for me) that no other game requires, but it severely impacts the endgame. Think of all the people who are going to play PWT against old gym leaders or online, because this isn't just a one-time occurrence in the game. On top of that, the JP versions didn't have this issue so I think it's only fair to ask for a non-conflicting fix or a special patch for SC users.

@[member='porkiewpyne']: Let's not go there. Whenever a game's AP beats flashcarts there's ALWAYS comments about buying the actual game, about being lucky to play it in the first place etc.... this is a thread for the AP patch, and no matter how valid the argument, it doesn't belong in these threads. Posting here already implies that people are SIMPLY looking for an AP patch. For whatever reason, they want it running on their flashcart. Questioning it in a thread that's literally MADE for this just doesn't have a purpose. It only derails the topic.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On Desmume 0.9.8 / 0.9.9 Black 2 works without Lag or FPS drops, but on 0.9.7 not. But if I switch between 0.9.7 and 0.9.9 it says "do not switch DS and wait a day" For Dreamworld.

Any tips how to fix? 0.9.9 and 0.9.7 use same Firmware

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I take it there is still not a fix for the PWT. Guess we just gotta be patient.

Also people, please, yes we all know there is a "fix" by forcing ourselves through the PWT the first time around either on clean mode or in desmune. Please don't say it's a "fix", I always get my hopes up then as I keep reading I realize it's another half-assed solution to get done with it. Some of us actually want to play the damn thing. Not trying to sound rude, but don't claim it's a fix when it's just a workaround.

D

Deleted-236924

So I take it there is still not a fix for the PWT. Guess we just gotta be patient.

Also people, please, yes we all know there is a "fix" by forcing ourselves through the PWT the first time around either on clean mode or in desmune. Please don't say it's a "fix", I always get my hopes up then as I keep reading I realize it's another half-assed solution to get done with it. Some of us actually want to play the damn thing. Not trying to sound rude, but don't claim it's a fix when it's just a workaround.
And since when does a workaround not let you play the game anyway? ;)

If a workaround (which does the same thing as a fix btw) isn't enough for you, then I suggest you head towards the store and buy the game.

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

If a workaround (which does the same thing as a fix btw) isn't enough for you, then I suggest you head towards the store and buy the game.

People have different standards I guess.

For me, playing at 10 frames per second or in a jaggy stretched emulator screen in your monitor doesn't count as playing, neither as a fix.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have the problem with the black screen right after the intro on a sdhc card, using an acekard 2i and firmware 1.9.0, with the FAT32 file system?

D

Deleted-236924

For me, playing at 10 frames per second or in a jaggy stretched emulator screen in your monitor doesn't count as playing, neither as a fix.
Oh, but that isn't my problem if your computer sucks and/or if you choose to play the game with the window stretched unnaturally.

My answer remains "If a workaround (which does the same thing as a fix btw) isn't enough for you, then I suggest you head towards the store and buy the game."

Reactions: 2 people

Jlarinda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina

Oh, but that isn't my problem if your computer sucks and/or if you choose to play the game with the window stretched unnaturally.

My answer remains "If a workaround (which does the same thing as a fix btw) isn't enough for you, then I suggest you head towards the store and buy the game."
Some people can't do that, though. The games aren't sold almost anywhere here and they are ridiculously overpriced where they do sell them. Does the PWT actually work once the initial freeze DSTWo users mentioned is worked around? 'Cause I think the issue is that even if you can continue the story, it sucks you can't play the actual tournament which is a really cool new feature. I haven't seen anyone mention trying it afterwards, though logic dictates it shouldn't work at all (like the GTS Negotiations which doesn't have a fix so far either).

D

Deleted-236924

Some people can't do that, though. The games aren't sold almost anywhere here and they are ridiculously overpriced where they do sell them. Does the PWT actually work once the initial freeze DSTWo users mentioned is worked around? 'Cause I think the issue is that even if you can continue the story, it sucks you can't play the actual tournament which is a really cool new feature. I haven't seen anyone mention trying it afterwards, though logic dictates it shouldn't work at all (like the GTS Negotiations which doesn't have a fix so far either).
There's an alternative to buying the game: patience.

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I meant playing on clean mode which causes abnormal slow down, not that the emulator runs slowly on my computer (which runs perfectly). No need to pretend to be a smartass when your reading comprehension is below average.

Also I didn't say I need a fix NOW, I said I can wait. Just stop posting the same mediocre workaround over and over and pretend that cuts it.

Some people can't do that, though. The games aren't sold almost anywhere here and they are ridiculously overpriced where they do sell them.

Don't expect a spoiled first world citizen to understand that not everyone is in the same economical position as him.

D

Deleted-236924

I meant playing on clean mode which causes abnormal slow down, not that the emulator runs slowly on my computer (which runs perfectly). No need to pretend to be a smartass when your reading comprehension is below average.

Also I didn't say I need a fix NOW, I said I can wait. Just stop posting the same mediocre workaround over and over and pretend that cuts it..

That's the thing: the "mediocre" workaround is going to have to suffice until a proper fix is out.
crymoar if you believe otherwise.

You and I both know that if people stop posting that "mediocre workaround", then you'll complain that nobody is posting an actual fix (also known as "I WANT IT NAO")

(And sorry for assuming you were playing it on an emulator, but I had to seeing as you said it ran at 10 FPS. And if not being a Pokétard equals "being spoiled", then so be it.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Heavy his workaround is actually quite effective, and it's an important one. Reason being, each time a new Pokemon game comes out, a crapload of people register and then they baw over and over about the AP or errors (which this thread isn't even about), when really patience or money is all one needs; not everyone has the latter, but the former is present in all.

Also, there is a freeze-free version out, it was dumped after the initial rom dump was, and it works quite well on DSTWO.

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well anyways, thanks for the reply guys. :)
Honestly the best workaround is finishing PWT on DeSmuME
Then continuing the save on the flashcart.
That's the best suggestion you can take :yaynds:

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the thing: the "mediocre" workaround is going to have to suffice until a proper fix is out.
crymoar if you believe otherwise.

You and I both know that if people stop posting that "mediocre workaround", then you'll complain that nobody is posting an actual fix (also known as "I WANT IT NAO")

(And sorry for assuming you were playing it on an emulator, but I had to seeing as you said it ran at 10 FPS.

Assumptions assumptions.

And if not being a Pokétard equals "being spoiled", then so be it.)

Huh, no. Being born in a first world country and believing everyone can just fix their problems by trowing money at things shows you are a spoiled first world citizen who has no idea what the rest of the world has to deal with because you are tucked away in your comfy white suburb. Don't be an ass, not everyone can just buy the game.

Jlarinda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
@Heavy his workaround is actually quite effective, and it's an important one. Reason being, each time a new Pokemon game comes out, a crapload of people register and then they baw over and over about the AP or errors (which this thread isn't even about), when really patience or money is all one needs; not everyone has the latter, but the former is present in all.

Also, there is a freeze-free version out, it was dumped after the initial rom dump was, and it works quite well on DSTWO.
There was? I've seen the same versions of the rom around everywhere, the only variation being AP patches.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

I wasn't aware of this other release. What's the release group called?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol