Pokemon Black ROM Freezinng

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by AceWarhead, Nov 24, 2011.

1. AceWarhead
    OP

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    I have a ROM of Pokemon Black,and randomly on Route 6 and thr cave, it would freeze up. At first I thought It was cheats, but disabling them did not help. A suspicious thing is the ROM is only 195mb, trimmed. Could this be the culprit? I am using the R4i Gold 3DS with Wood 1.39. Any help is appreciated.

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Try backing up your cart again, because something may have went wrong.
    Keep it untrimmed.

3. AceWarhead
    OP

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    Ah, it was the trimmer, it cut away important parts of the games data. Thanks for helping.

4. Kaoid

Kaoid GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2012
    England
    ahh it may not be the trimmer. it may be. a trimmer is only supposed to remove blank/garbage data but it might also be anti-piracy protection. nintendo did put some anti-piracy protection in it so i migth be that. Nintendo also put anti-piracy protection in pokémon hg/ss which is why that game freezes randomly on a flashcart. this may be the case for pokemon black.

5. AceWarhead
    OP

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    Yes, I know about AP patching. But the same ROM worked perfectly un-trimmed.

6. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    @ AceWarhead For future reference, which trimmer did you use that cut away data that was needed?