Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this guide - Graphics guide

I'm having trouble with this part

"Step 7: Alright, now that you've got the image fitting perfectly, it's time to insert the image you'd like to replace the image that is currantly being used. To do that, click on import button (the button with the page and an arrow going down) or click Edit > Import image. Select the image you'd like to replace, then the image appears on the picture. Double click the image you've imported, if it disappears... you'll need to change the canvas size of your imported image using Paint.NET, change it to a size that fits the same width and hight as the image that is being used in the game. Once it's successfully in, save it!"

I have made my canvas the exact same size as the one I exported, but it stil disappears :/ Anyone know a soloution?

Heres my title screen I want to import -
Titlescreen.jpg

(Top and bottom left are supposed to look like that btw)

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a quick test, I exported the original then just rubbed off the word "Tm" on it...It still disappeared
unsure.gif

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Pokefun said:
Whenever I try to open Tinke, it says "Tinke has stopped working" and the program closes :/
Probably is a problem with the XML file "Tinke.xml" try to delete it and open Tinke, it will create a new one
smile.gif
, but if wait to next revision, you will be able to compress the NARC files (in a few hours it will be ready)

The problem can be also with the XML files of the traductions (in the lang folder)

Pokefun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pleonex said:
Pokefun said:
Whenever I try to open Tinke, it says "Tinke has stopped working" and the program closes :/
Probably is a problem with the XML file "Tinke.xml" try to delete it and open Tinke, it will create a new one
smile.gif
, but if wait to next revision, you will be able to compress the NARC files (in a few hours it will be ready)

The problem can be also with the XML files of the traductions (in the lang folder)

Thanks but I couldn't find Tinke.xml in the folder anywhere in the folder
unsure.gif
I'll try redownloading it
tongue.gif

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, you can download now the new version and here is short tutorial to change the image you want in the Pokemon black game. First you must know that the image you want to modify must have the same width and height than the original (in this case 256x128).

1.- Open the game and select the file "root/a/0/2/6" and click the "Uncompress" button.
2.- Select the file "file1" and click in the "Uncompress", do the same with the file "file2".
3.- Double click on the files "file3".
4.- Selec the file "file1" (the decompressed), click on the "View" button. Your new image must have the same size than this image.
5.- Select the file "file2" (the decompressed) and click on the "View" button
6.- Click on the "Import" button and select the new image.
7.- In the new window put the following values:
Map width: 256 (the width of the image when you click the map file)
Map height: 256 (the height of the image when you click the map file)
Click on "Fill image" (it will fill your image with the black color)
Width image: 256 (the size of your image)
Height image: 128
8.- Now, we are going to compress the modified files: select the file "file2" (the compressed) and click on the "view" button
9.- Click on "Compress" button
10.- Select the file "file1" (the compressed), click on the "View" button and then on the "Compress" button
11.- Select the file "6" and click on the "View" button and then on the "Compress files" button
12.- Finally click on the "Save ROM" button

This is the BMP file that I have used:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/Titlescreen2.bmp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.