Pokemon Black cant connect to GTS, get error code 51099

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by RemixDeluxe, Dec 14, 2013.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm using the SuperCard DSTWO with my Nintendo DSi. I am connected on a WPA2 connection and as far as I'm aware all 5th gen Pokemon games are able to do WPA while the 4th gen games can only do WEP. When I set up the connection it shows up just fine and my C-gear ingame shows full signal, its only the GTS thats giving me an issue.

Any reason this isnt working?

P.S. I do own the game, I just prefer to use my backup instead.

2. Kyouhei

Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Aug 18, 2011
    For starters, Gen5 only supports WPA when it's on a physical cartridge in a 3DS Or DSi.
    Secondly, WPA2 is different than WPA,
    Finally, WEP is the only supported method on flashcards, So unless you can switch your router to use WEP, Then you won't be able to use the GTS.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So is it possible to get Wifi compatibility for my game if I just change the security to WPA or do I have to use my real game? Sorry I was confused.

Didnt read completely, so in this case it looks like I have to use my real cart. Thanks for clarifying.

4. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    Real Black in DS Lite : WEP
    Real Black in DSi/3DS : WEP, WPA
    Rom Black in DS Lite : WEP
    Rom Black in DSi/3DS: WEP

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Ok so am I good on WPA2 if I use my Nintendo DSi and real gamecart or does it have to be WPA? I'm trying to understand if it matters that much as far as connecting goes.

6. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    WPA2 works on DSi and 3DS with a retail cartridge.

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    At first I was gonna say that it's because Black support ended, but I googled it and you still have a month before they stop supporting it.

8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.

lets keep it simple, a flash cart only works with wep

if you own a real pokemon black cartridge with a dsi it will work with wpa

now for more complicated answer:

wpa is diferent from wpa2, i am not sure if the real cartridge works with wpa2

why does the flash cart only uses wep, because the current flashcarts do not support dsi mode, this means the flashcart will run in compatibility mode (original ds and ds lite), which doesnt support wpa...
    the dsi will assume the flashcart is a ds card, and the pokemon rom will assume it is running on a ds hardware....

9. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    gts and random matchups (in free mode) will continue to work, as it does on 4º gen games (source: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/ )

10. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Now you've made me wonder: are they gonna take down 4th/5th gen Pokemon wifi down sometime soon? I know the dreamworld is being taken down (don't know why that has to go :/ ) but I expected regular wifi services to be active till at least the next console gen. Especially if the 3DS supports DS games.

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    After January 14th, the only online things you can do are wake up already tucked in Pokemon (but not put any more to sleep), Pokemon trading in the game, and random Free Mode matches. The dude above linked the notice they gave a while ago in preparation for X and Y.

12. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Is gamefreak such petty cheapskates that they cant have both the dreamworld available and global link going? I understand things arent meant to last forever but the dreamworld service just happened last Pokemon gen, were not talking about a decade old service here.